Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Recommended 'fabric' appearance light weight covering?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Recommended 'fabric' appearance light weight covering?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended 'fabric' appearance light weight covering?

Ok, after fiddling around, I finally got my Sopwith Pup just about ready to install gear and cover. Its the same Peter Rake plan that Hag built his Pup from. So now I'm looking for suggestions on coverings. My local LHS doesn't stock much in the way of small stuff and all their light weight coverings are translucent. So if I have to order, I figured I'd get yall's input.

My covering skills are average so I'm looking for something with a fabric appearance, relatively light weight, and good color options for WW1 bipe.

Thanks,
Duke
Old 10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
cortacesped

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Recommended 'fabric' appearance light weight covering?

Dukester:

What do you think about silkspan and dope ? It has the fabric appearence but is difficult to find in colors ( you can try with tissue & dope ). There is another product I think it´s called Polyspan that is more resistent than silkspan and it comes in colors.

Regards
Cortacesped
Old 10-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was hoping not to have to go to coverings requiring dope. If thats the only way then its the only way, but I was hoping for a simpler method. It doesn't need to look exactly like fabric, just trying for that look from a distance.

Thanks,
Duke
Old 10-22-2003, 05:54 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought some Litespan for the first time. My friend tried to use some with the specified adhesive (forget the name but it looked like regular white glue!) and it didnt hold well.

I plan to use my balsarite (what I use for micafilm) with the litespan. It (litespan) is like a synthetic tissue, allready sealed and fuelproof. Looks decent.

AJC