Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox J3 Cub

Old 11-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Chris300s
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox J3 Cub

A friend gave me a Cox 29" electric Cub that he bought for his daughter and proceeded to crash. Now, I'm not a big fan of most of these "toy store" electrics because I think that their poor performance deters people from pursuing RC. I've flown a couple of these and they wallow around for a couple of minutes in experienced hands, but are not for the uninitiated.
However, I would like to repair/rebuild this and teach him to fly it or maybe build a new airframe for the powerplant. Anyone played around with these? My mindset was, brushless motor+LiPol= lighter, more interesting POS. Of course this isn't reasonable, but maybe there are some upgrades that could be made to make it run? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Cox J3 Cub

Chris,

Not that there aren't some extremely experienced guys around here, but they tend towards IC rather than electric. You might try rcgroups.com for a more electric oriented crowd. Now if you want to dump that electric motor and go for a nice cox or norvel, then you came to the right place.

Duke
Old 11-11-2003, 06:31 PM
encan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" Now if you want to dump that electric motor and go for a nice cox or norvel, then you came to the right place. "

this is not glow rc universe! i think there are enough experienced electric model flyers here posting.
not ne though sorry.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Chris300s

Yeah I posted to Ezone but those snobs weren't any help either. I followed the forum description and threw a hail Mary.
I personally fly everything from Peanut scale FF to GS aerobats. I just though that someone might have some experience since I'm going to be repairing this little thing one way or another.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right place ,wrong forum, check in with park flyers or electrics you may be able to squeeze a GWS motor in that thing they are pretty cheap...Rog