Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

exhaust throttles, the other kind

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

exhaust throttles, the other kind

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 11:06 AM
raycamel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust throttles, the other kind

Hiya guys!!!!!!

Here are some pics of a couple of exhaust throttles i have that work very good,one on a cox 09 medallion, and a norvel lite machines 061stock one,
i would like to try and make some for my teedee's, but first off i only have basic hand tools, and limited access to basic power tools, (drill press, scroll saw, belt sander, bench grinder,crappy mig welder) I realize i do not have all the resourses/skills to complete it, so it look like i'm gonna need some help, does this sound interesting to any one????
still trying designs in my head, molded, bolted, welded, glued,aluminum,titanium,steel,resin, not certain where to start.

What i want to get from this is a perfectly throttled teedee with tank pressure, full size venturi,with a quieter sound

The med 09 has SPI, but still throttles perfectly, and i put a pressure back plate on it, it is a great setup, however the med 09 has a Spray Bar type needle valve, and a actuator that rotates the SB in the venturi, so tell me if i got ths right, when the shaft is pulled back all the way(wot)SB is parrallel with carb throat, as you throttle back, it rotates SB so it no longer is parrallel to throat of carb THEREFORE makin it less efficent drawing fuel and leans the mix at idle/lower speeds.

as for the 049/051 teedee, i would have to modify the needle valve set up to use a rotatable spray bar, or adjustable needle valve linkage

So if you guys got and hints, tips ideas or wanna help out, i would definatly make it worth while
don't want to give up the coxes, i have so many of them,laters

ROB of Rob n Chuck (aka the twins)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17119.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	74685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96343.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	74686