Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2A C.A.M. Racer

Old 11-28-2003, 12:11 AM
A&P Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/2A C.A.M. Racer

Hi everyone! Does anyone remember the C.A.M. Racer? It was a construction article in Feb. 1977 Model Airplane News. The C.A.M. stands for Charlotte AeroModellers as I recall. Well, a buddy and I built a pair of them about 12 yrs. ago- cool little ship. Now my 15 year old son wants one, and I won't give him mine, ha ha! We have the plans still, but for the life of me, I cannot find the magazine with the article with construction details.
Here's the guts of this: Do any of you guys have that issue? For my son, who has built numerous other models, has learned that you read and follow the instructions when building. Good for me, I taught him well. We have everything needed to start this project, and we could go ahead and do it, but there was something tricky about the wing layup, a jig or something to produce the correct dihedral. Please search and help if you are able. We will post a pic of mine when we figure that part of this site out. Thanks, Gus
Old 11-28-2003, 12:52 AM
A&P Mechanic

Default RE: 1/2A C.A.M. Racer

Seems I can't get the picture poster to work, any helpful hints?
Old 11-28-2003, 02:49 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It needs to be small enough a file size to fit. Play with the size and JPG compression until it's 40K or so. You CAN upload larger files up to 3Mb but you sure won't make anyone trying to see it happy. And the modem members will want to lynch you. Also anything much over 50K is larger than most screens and that's annoying too. So use a photo editor to size them down to 8 inches or less and then set the JPG compression so the file comes out at 50K or less. Also it has to BE one of the accepted file formats, GIF or JPG. Then use the upload images/browse/Open. If you don't see the name of the file in one of the upload lines next to the browse button before you hit the OK then you did something wrong.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:44 AM
A&P Mechanic

trying the pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58652.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	78093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65513.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	78094  
Old 11-28-2003, 09:01 AM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

I LOVE MINE TOO!!!!! IT HAULS BUTT. You can still get the plans and the article that goes with it from M.A.N. magazine. It is still in the plans guide that came out in the latest edition.

Buy the way, yours looks sweet.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:33 AM
Alabama Racer

Greg Doe of Smyrna Tennessee designed that plane. Look him up and call him, I am sure he would be glad to provide any information you might need.