"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

1/2A is alive and well !

Old 05-16-2002, 09:45 PM
mike912e
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/2A is alive and well !

I'm in the process of converting an electric over to gas powered. I'm using a Thunder Tiger GP .07. The plane is a Mini-Laser 3D sold by Great Planes. It's rather expensive, but the laser cut parts fit perfectly together. I've framed up the fuselage and wing basic structure so far.
I've also collected quite a few 1/2A engines over the last 10 or 15 years: G-mark .12,.061 and .03 . All are R/C and are awaiting a suitable airframe to mount them to. I've also purchased the line of Norvels up to the .15 . I do have a few kits like a Jetco Rearwin Speedster, Airtronics S-Tee and Q-Tee as well as their Gere Sport. And a Flyline Model's Fairchild 22 for .09 to .15 power. Now that we have a forum of our own, maybe I'll get inspired and start building some of them.
I would be happy to provide copies of plans to anyone willing to pay for the copying and shipping. Just let me know what I can do to help.
Thanks.
Mike
Old 05-17-2002, 05:10 AM
Craig-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Electric guys are rediscovering glow power through 1/2a engines. There is a thread on the Ezone started by a guy who converted his Zagi to Norvel.061 power and loved it. There is some good info there about 1/2a ducted fan power. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=41736
Old 05-17-2002, 05:17 AM
Craig-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh, and check out the slowflyer, parkflyer and foamie forums over ther too. A lot of those designs would do well with 1/2a power. I have to say that those electric guys are very creative with their designs. They are doing everything imaginable over there.