Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

norvel bm 0.61

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 10:07 PM
jdwardus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default norvel bm 0.61

my norvel 061 big mig doesnt have a idle misture screw in the carb it does suposed to have one doesnt it this is my first norvel engine
Old 12-18-2003, 11:03 PM
cranky1

Default RE: norvel bm 0.61

Answer (yes) it should have a needle valve mixture screw in the carb. Check Norvel's web site for parts list and pictures for your engine.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:44 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Craig:

Jim asked about an idle needle.

No, Jim, it doesn't have an idle mixture needle.

Bill.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:21 PM
cranky1

Bill is correct as always. The engine does not have a low end or idle mixture adjustment.
Sorry for any confusion.[&o]
Old 12-19-2003, 09:46 PM
MikeSell
My Feedback: (2)

Although the engine does not a an idle mixture screw it does change the main needle adjustment when you turn the throttle barrel. The barrel is threaded onto the fuel nipple to retain it. The barrel screws the needle toward its seat when it is turned toward idle. The back side of the nipple is the needle seat.
I don't see why you couldn't use the end ot that throttle stop screw to regulate an air bleed by adding a simple drilled hole. I'm satisfied without it. I am using a norvel throttle barrel assembly to construct a carb assembly on a TD .051.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:07 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Mike,

Drilling a hole to intercept the idle STOP screw won't work. Also, the barrel rotating toward the fuel nipple might appear to offer a leaning effect to the mixture and I used to think that it did as well. But, consider that the barrel is also moving toward that big, fat nipple and you'll see that along with slightly restricting fuel, the barrel is also closing off a proportionate amount of air,,,, so the two effects balance each other out,,, unfortunately.

Please keep us up to date on your experiment to adapt a Norvel throttle to a TD.

Jim,

Even if you added an idle adjustment to your engine in the proper place, you're not likely to get the best throttling you deserve, UNLESS your engine has 5 bypass ports. That's been my experience and there's no way around it.