Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hey "Get Me Wired" - SHAME ON YOU

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey "Get Me Wired" - SHAME ON YOU

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 11:28 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey "Get Me Wired" - SHAME ON YOU

Hey "Get Me Wired"

Well you've bagged on Darin Albert and I'm wondering why? I mean if your going to use his full name, why don't you use yours. Via inuendo you have labeled Darin as some kind of bum. Do you know the circumstances leading to Darin's association with Compitition Model Airplane Parts and Accessories? You indicated in your post that Darin was the "new owner". Is it perhaps possible that it is a recent change. Perhaps Darin is in the throws of resolving problems not addressed by the previous ownership. Or it may be he bought the assets and is just liquidating the business, I don't know, DO YOU? What I DO know is that I've purchased many items from Darin with no problems. ( just recieved a throttle sleeve and a couple of needle valves in the mail two days ago). All you have to do is communicate with the guy, ([email protected]). He very well may have what your looking for and ,if your lucky, he'll sell them to you in spite of your badmouthing his name in this fourm. Shame on you!

Darren Hoover (yup, thats my real name)
Arvada Colorado
Old 12-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey "Get Me Wired" - SHAME ON YOU

Darren,

CombatAlbert bought the company a good while back. I don't know what the current case is but I had tried myself to contact him at his yahoo address and could never get a reply....ever! I bought parts from him afterwards off eBay before I knew he was Combatalbert and the sale went real smooth. I have tried since to contact him off eBay but never got a reply again.I don't know what his deal is. I hear he has the first Cox RR-1 prototype in his hands that came with the company when he bought it and alot of other really cool Cox stuff that he doesn't list for sale.

Later,
Tim Wiltse(yes my real name too)
Old 12-20-2003, 05:46 PM
rrragmanliam

Tim,

Ok I may have ovrereacted. All any of us can do is base our opinion on our personal experience with any individual. For you and Get Me Wired what happened, happened and there's no disputing it. If my experience with combatalbert was similar to yours I would feel the same. For me however Darin has been responsive to my emails and always followed through with the delivery of purchased items. I just wanted to put in a good word for somone who has always delt with me in a forthright manner. In hindsight I probably could of toned it down a bit.

Darren
Old 12-22-2003, 04:24 AM
MR Flyer57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have had dealings with CombatAlbert, and he has bend over backward to make each deal perfect.

I have had lots of emails back and forth, and I am sorry you have had some bad luck in dealing with him.

He has struck me as a VERY honest man, and when problems did arise (sometimes things happen) he has filled and overfilled his orders on only my word.

I hope he sees this and has a comment on what has happened in your case. But please hold any judgment until all the facts have been gathered.

MR Flyer57
Old 12-24-2003, 12:09 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

And just where did all this come from?

PLEASE FOLKS. In the future if you wish to state stuff like this you MUST do it as a reply to a specific message or AT LEAST QUOTE A LINK TO THAT MESSAGE. To offer up a criticism of this nature with no connection to a justification is just not permissable. It offers the original person charged no option to reply and helps no one to understand what originally transpired. In the end an open charge of this sort reflects poorly with no justification on any and everyone. Without a proper explanation posts such as this come very close to open flaming and that is not permitted on RCU as I'm sure you all know.

If I don't see some proper explanaton, grounds or links to the original thread this will all be deleted in a day or two.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:28 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bruce:

Here's the original thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Kust...1361919/tm.htm

but I think it's already gone on long enough.

CombatAlbert is good people, he doesn't deserve the criticism.

Shut it down or delete the trhead at your discretion, Bruce.

Bill.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:01 AM
rrragmanliam

MR. Mathews, well I knew this was comming. As usual it's the guy that responds to an injustis that takes the heat as being out of line.
I didn't post a quote as frankly I don't know how to link it. I tried but failed. Where were RCU critics reguarding "flaming a member" when "Get Me Wired" origionaly drug Darin Alberts reputation through the mud? I was not the instigator here (IMO) it was "Get Me Wired". I've already admited I could of toned it down a bit. My intentions were:

1. To refute the implied aligations that Darin was some kind some kind of untrustworthy bum.

2. To let Get Me Wired know what my experiences were w/ Mr. Albert .

3. To Let Get Me Wired know that I thought he was way out of line IMO.

I would do the same for any of the fine people I 've met, coorisponded with and done business with in this fourm.

Darren Hoover - Arvada Colorado
Old 12-24-2003, 01:36 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

DarrenH:

The easiest way to post a link is click on the address in the header, you will see it change color. Then hold the "CTRL" key down and press the "C" key. (This combination is called "Control C"
and normally written "^C. " What you have done is put the address in the "Clipboard."

Now go to the post where you want to add the link. Type whatever text you want, then press "Return" a time or two to get a blank line, and press "^V" to copy the address to the post.

Bill.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:49 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OK folks, if I could I would splice this thead into the other one so that all the comments can be together for some continuity. But the new RCU doesn't have that option. So I'm locking this thread and providing this link to the original thread. Please post there with any responses you have about this thread.

This is not a vindictive move against rrragmanliam but rather just a matter of keeping subjects in a tidy and orderly space so that readers can see the whole story at a glance.

Click here to go to the original thread....

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Kust...1361919/tm.htm