Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Half Built Half Wit and 2 "Tamed TD's"

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Half Built Half Wit and 2 "Tamed TD's"

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 05:05 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Half Built Half Wit and 2 "Tamed TD's"

Not quite contest material but...... Heres a couple of things I'm doing. Half built Half Wit, Jeremy Chinn's (aka Matchlessaero) design. And something I'm especially excited about two throttled TD's ala Dickeybird. I'm thinking of a 150% LS for the one TD. I don't know what I'll do with the other. I had the parts for two so I built two.

over and out
Rrragmanliam
Old 01-06-2004, 05:21 PM
rrragmanliam

Default RE: Half Built Half Wit and 2 "Tamed TD's"

Oops forgot the pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62098.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	88253  
Old 01-06-2004, 05:54 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHy not enter it? COme on, you will have fun! Anything is worthy of the contest and you get a cool shirt too.

AJC
Old 01-06-2004, 07:12 PM
matchlessaero

Darren, that looks awesome. Great job building so far! I can't wait to see it completed. If you don't mind, I will put the pic on my website....
Old 01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
flyinrog

wow Darren, that was quick, I havent done a Dbird mod does it have throttle? I guess it would have to have a throttle ring, yeah go ahead and enter it, I still havent decided if I'm gonna play this time....Rog
Old 01-06-2004, 08:57 PM
rrragmanliam

Hi Ya 'all thanks for the responces. AJ, I didn't think of entering it because I didn't design it, but hey for you ( Joe "hell I build a twin engine from scratch, it's easy") to say my meger project is worthy, well I'm flattered and thank you. Your piont is well taken and I'd wear the shirt with pride even for a last place entry. But I'm not sure it would fall within the rule guidelines. With that said, I read the rules today and I need to contact Mr. Donatelli to see if I can vote in the contest.

Jeremy are you kidding me? Hell ya you can put it on your websight. All I did was glue a bunch of sticks together, It's your talent that created the plan I was just following your excellent outline. I will post more pics when it's done.

Roger, They both are throttled per Dickeybirds specifications. It's an easy modification that anyone can do (that's what I love about it.) Milton has done all the "Brain" work and research, (thank you Milton) all we have to do is build it and, it can be done with simple tools. The hardest part is aquiring the correct parts and even that's not a big deal. Read the thread Prole posted, or get a copy of the January 2004 Flying Models mag. If you need the piston reset tool save yourself a bunch of time and just contact ajcoholic for it, (better price, better tool). Here's a better pic I think you can see the throttle sleeves in this one.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17257.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	88310  
Old 01-06-2004, 10:23 PM
ajcoholic

I forgot about the design part..... []

But, why not do something similar, but of your own design? Its worth a shot!

AJC
Old 01-08-2004, 07:32 PM
flyinrog

Got all the wood, cut out the ribs, got the arrow shaft, and I gotta tell ya Rrr, your pic has been worth the proverbial 1000 words...working on my wing right now,, made a template and cut all 8 at the same time with the band saw....Rog

btw thanks again for mailing me the plans
Old 01-08-2004, 09:26 PM
rrragmanliam

Hey your welcome rog. I really need to get a small scroll saw. I cut all mine by hand, What a pain! I was going to start covering mine today but I got a phone call from my daughters school. She broke her arm playing soccer, so the planes on the back burner for now. Keep us posted on your progress and let's all thank Jeremy for a very cool plane!

Darren
Old 01-08-2004, 09:43 PM
ajcoholic

ORIGINAL: rrragmanliam

If you need the piston reset tool save yourself a bunch of time and just contact ajcoholic for it, (better price, better tool).

Darren
Hey, just reread this - thanks for the plug. I am still offering reset tools and will be for a while Contact me for particulars..

AJC
Old 01-09-2004, 08:04 AM
rrragmanliam

No problem Andrew. I said it because it's true. I had previously attained a .049 tool from another MFG (lt's just say they sell alot of diesel products) and it needed some reworking befor I could use it. The bore in the holding fixture was too small. And the grove for the connedting rod had a big bur in it that needed to be removed befor it could be used. I got the .09 tool from you and it was perfect right out of the package.

Darren