Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

3D plane

Old 01-09-2004, 06:54 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D plane

do you guys know where to get a 3D plane for one of them small engines to play around with. Seems like ti would be a fun project

let me know

Dan
Old 01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3D plane

Half-A Profile Funfly go down the page and read this one, plans available free, I'm in the middle of building mine....Rog
Old 01-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Matchlessaeros Half Wit should be just the ticket.
http://www.geocities.com/matchlessaero/halfwit.html
http://www.geocities.com/matchlessin...fWitVideo.html
Old 01-09-2004, 09:38 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Thats cool...id love to habe that...but too bad I cant build for crap...i fly big planes and want to see what its like flyin like you guys

See ya

Dan
Old 01-09-2004, 10:23 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

HI MAVRIK! If you aren't into building your own, but think you could take an electric foamie and convert it, the FORMOSA is an awesome plane. I'll bet someone has already converted one to 061 power, if you can work a 1/16" plywood firewall into it and stay with the original balance point, it would be pretty hot. I have built 2 HALFWITS. They were designed by MATCHLESSAERO. My first one came in at 13 oz with 4 hs55 servos and 110 mah battery. The second one is 12oz, and you can feel the difference. They both tumble, flat spin, wingtip spin, waterfall, knife, hover, etc. Hate to hear any body doubt their building skills enough to shy away from a simple project. I started out on very simple sheet balsa stuff, and worked my way up. The SPAD guys are having a blast working with the sheet plastic! If you want to fly 1/2A 3D either you will need to build your own, or convert one of the electric ARFs, because I don't think there are any commercial 3D kits made out of wood.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:35 PM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Thanks man...i just need a short kit. I really do not have time. I am building bigger planes now and have all of the space available taken up. Alo, I write reviews here also...See ya later and thanks

Dan