Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox TD .049 R/C question

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox TD .049 R/C question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox TD .049 R/C question

My neighbor has a TD .049 R/C that looks new. It has a carb. and muffler He is going to put it on a 1/2 A size Ugly Stick that he has scaled down from the full size Stick and it will have a 35 inch wingspan.
Is this engine as good as a standard TD? What is it worth? I think he paid $7 for it at an auction.
He has watched me fly my LS150s in the front yard and wants to join in on the fun. He has larger planes but never has time to fly them.

Lynn
Old 01-10-2004, 05:44 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cox TD .049 R/C question

I have an .051 with carb and muffler I bought new 10 years ago,never matched it against a tee dee though should be close to the same power in stock form...has a red plastic intake body..Rog
Old 01-10-2004, 07:03 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Lynn I've never seen one of those run to tell you what to expect performance-wise. If it's NIB I would advise him to get something else to fly his plane with and hang on to the 05 r/c since it's probably a collectable.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Lynn S

Milton,
I'll tell him, but I would like to see it run. I don't think he would sell it anyway.