Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

matchless 3D, fuji tank & TTGP07

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

matchless 3D, fuji tank & TTGP07

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 04:28 PM
hasallthenamesbeentaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matchless 3D, fuji tank & TTGP07

Hi, my name is Marius. I live in a town called Secunda in South Africa. I am in the process of building a Half Wit - covered ready for assembly, waiting for the AP Wasp from Tower hobbies. I have been waiting for 30 days now.......[]I need more info on how to make one of DICKEYBIRD'S Fuji tanks. I tried the search facility without luck, my computer skills suck!
I have a GP07 that is very, very sensitive to the fuel level inside the tank. Rich with a full tank lean cut out at half........ Anyone that has a cure? Tech article on Norvel website says that over compression is the biggest culprit in engines cutting out.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:38 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: matchless 3D, fuji tank & TTGP07

ORIGINAL: hasallthenamesbeentaken

I tried the search facility without luck, my computer skills suck!
before you do a search you need to go to the top of the page and change the little box that says "30 days" to "all topics" or you'll just be searching topics that have been active during the last month. good luck!

dave
Old 01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Here's a diagram and pics of the Fuji canister tank:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19989.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	89671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vr53289.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	89672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc77958.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	89673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd88985.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	89674  
Old 01-11-2004, 04:54 PM
DICKEYBIRD

The finished tank:

Also, here's a good way to stop tank foaming if you have a box-shaped tank compartment. You drill a 1 1/8" hole in some foam with a holesaw IN A DRILL PRESS....DO NOT TRY THIS HAND HELD! Measure your tank compartment and cut the foam block about 1/8' larger all over. Glue the tank into the foam and stuff the whole thing into the fuse. The foam on all sides insulates the tank very well! This method won't apply to your HalfWit since it's a profile.

Good Luck!

Name:	Xv63168.jpg
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	89675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89454.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	89676  
Old 01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Marius,

As mentioned in an another thread it sounds like you are losing the pressure from your muffler. This can happen a few ways: a pinhole in the tubing, a leaking tank, and what I ran into: the wrong internal diameter tube to carb.

The inlet to the carb is very small and about the only tubing I found to work well is the stuff supplied with the engine.

Assuming you are using the supplied tube for the carb, I would pull the tank out and just pressure test it by holding it under water and blowing into the muffler line while blocking the carb line, and watching for bubbles.

BTW, here's a gratuitous pic of my Zero Seven with TTGP07. It's lasted longer than any of my other aircraft simply because it's small and always works

John

Name:	Pn37715.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	89933  
Old 01-18-2004, 02:54 PM
hasallthenamesbeentaken

Hi, thanks for the replies guys. I received my Wasp and it has done 40 mins. of break in - runs great! The Half Wit is assembled (except for the rudder - got to get more cyano hinges). I added a lot of ligntening holes to the original design. It looks very cool, don't know however if it really helps, the pile of round balsa discs that came away weighs nothing

Had some fun flying last weekend. Crashed a 2 channel plane while flying backwards! Yes you guessed it, I was caught by a sudden change in weather. The GP07 (I use it with the throttle jammed open) ran better by the second as the cold wind started blowing. It used up the complete tank inventory with me wacking the sticks trying not to crash. Luckely the damage was slight, and yes, I was humming "Riders on the storm" by The Doors driving home from the field.