Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

who said small planes dont fly nice?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

who said small planes dont fly nice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:11 PM
RTang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who said small planes dont fly nice?

mine definantly does!

It is powered by an AP 0.09 engine, pulling around a 35" fns with 4 channel control. And it flies really nicely. Smooth as my 40 size trainer, but way more power (great climb out) and much more agile

So i decided to try parkflying because the club is far away. It had to be handlanched as the grass in my park is quite tall. Soon came the landing, and my friend managed to landed it well - it fell on its back (so much friction from the grass) and did not damage it. However my landing was not as fortunate! it did similar, but the engine mount broke (made out of cheap standard 3ply which is about 6mm thick) which meant the poor 9 gram servo output arm got moved very quickly. It will not move now. And i quickly turned the power off so the motor is unlikely to be burnt.

What do you guys suggest. My radio setup right now is 3 times Naro/standard gram (2 now) and one Naro pro bb 13gram. should i repair it with a new gear train, or get another 9gram ($35 NZ) or a 13gram ($40 NZ) servo. I plane to do some fly flying with it latter because of the interest and limited space there. And how about revisiting the design of the faults. The control rod to the throttle was of heavy duty (i got hold of something in my house that had a metal clevis and thread), and the mount was designed not to be excessively strong. Thanks
Old 01-30-2004, 07:50 PM
Lynn S

Default RE: who said small planes dont fly nice?

I'm not sure of the size plane you have but with an AP .09 engine you would need larger than parkflyer size servos.

Put that .09 on a LS150 and really have fun with it!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Lynn S

I'm not sure of the size plane you have but with an AP .09 engine you would need larger than parkflyer size servos.

Put that .09 on a LS150 and really have fun with it!

i second that^^^

john
Old 01-30-2004, 08:34 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Speaking of Sticks. How's the 1/2A Stick with floats coming jboy?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:20 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Bipe Flyer

Speaking of Sticks. How's the 1/2A Stick with floats coming jboy?

well bipe,
all the parts are cut...the fuse is framed up ready to cover... and thats as far as i've got...i still need to get the wire for the gear to mount the floats,need an .074 norvel,need some more radio gear to in stall in it...

other than that it's ready to fly

john
Old 01-30-2004, 09:25 PM
RTang

What do you use for servo's? the 9gram is rated at 0.80kg-cm (or11oz-in) and the 13 gram is 1.6kg-cm (22oz-in). Thanks for the replies!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:48 PM
Lynn S

The 22 in oz should work fine. The ones I use are 35 in oz, but I think mine are larger than most use here.