Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Two questions about the Norvel .061 AME???

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Two questions about the Norvel .061 AME???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
idranoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two questions about the Norvel .061 AME???

Thanks for helping out.

1. Where can I buy a glow starter for this thing? I have seen one that clips on but haven't seen it for sale anywhere. Any ideas where to get one of these things?

2. I ordered several props from Tower and some of them came predrilled with holes way to big for the Norvel. Specifically, I got several APC and a couple Zingers. The Zingers have the right size hole but the APC's are way too big. What gives? Are is there anyway I can use them? If not, what are you guys using? Thanks,

Dan
Old 02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Two questions about the Norvel .061 AME???

Dan --

Tower Hobbies (www.towerhobbies.com): search for part number MODP1158 -- the Model Products 1/2A Head Lite Adapter

Cut a short piece of large fuel tubing and slip over the prop screw - the length should be no longer that the thickness of the APC hub. When you mount the prop, the tubing will hold it centered until you can tighten down the prop screw. The APC's are aggregating with such a large hole -- one would have thought they would have matched the diameter of the recess in the hub with the diameter of the NORVEL spinner.

the "other" Andrew
Old 02-03-2004, 09:16 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Two questions about the Norvel .061 AME???

the dubro ones work about the best, although the blue hobbico work too. the twist on ones don't!