Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Just when I thought I had it rough....

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Just when I thought I had it rough....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 10:12 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just when I thought I had it rough....

....I came across this: http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...q/rc-iraq.html Please, we're not supposed to do political stuff here so don't start! I just thought it was a very touching thing and should be shared with you fellows.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:46 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just when I thought I had it rough....

Wow, Nice post! My nephew ,PFC Justin Shea 3rd ACR, is in Iraq. I taught him how to fly when he was 12 years old. (if you call what I do flying). This article is going over with my next letter. Whatever ones view is on the war, here's yet another example of the excitment one feels when tasting liberty and freedom for the first time. I'm going to e-mail the guy and send him a bunch of stuff I'm not using. Thanks Milton this one is great.

Darren.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT DICKETBIRD! My SON's overthere, and is due home in a matter of weeks......he's got a ton of combat flying to catch up on! He got great service from TOWER HOBBIES while in IRAQ. I hope human interest stories like this will start cropping up more often.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:52 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Model airplanes bridge the gap of everything worldwide IMO.... thats quite amazing...

AJC
Old 02-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Digger-RCU

That is very cool, thanks for posting Milton.
We dont think about it much here, but when freedom is restricted activities like ours are the first to go! Thanks again!

Randy (Digger) Birt
Old 02-07-2004, 01:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That's a great link DB. The smile it put on my face at seeing such a touching tale took a long time to fade. It's so gratifying to see how a simple collection of wood, fabric (plastic?) and metal can bring people together in such a positive way.

I know what you mean, the pressure to get seriously political on this one is intense. For anyone that feels the urge to do so please just dampen it and keep it to the human intrest side as those before this post have done. Let's just center on the positive aspects of new found modeling opportunities for these people.

As a long time modelling buddy of mine says" I used to worry about politics and world issues. Now I just worry about how much decalage to use and find the rest takes care of itself".
Old 02-07-2004, 08:20 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

well what nasty thing can I say, nothing comes to mind, may all your family members come home safe and sound, McNasty N
Old 02-07-2004, 08:32 PM
jboy381-RCU

very nice DB...

i think the people in iraq will be able to do a lot of things now...well basicly there just like us FREE...i only wish i could help them out with some stuff like radios,planes,engines,and support equipment...they have a lot to catch up on after 30 years of dictation...

what do you guys think???
maybe getting something to donate to the newly liberated iraq r/c club...i know it's a long shot,but we send each other stuff all the time...i don't think it's to much of a problem...

john