Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Glowbee heads for Norvel?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Glowbee heads for Norvel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:11 AM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glowbee heads for Norvel?

I was scavenging through one of my old boxes of modelling equipment from the late 70's -early 80's and came across a couple of Glowbee glowplug/heads for Cox 049 engines.

The plug portion looks an awful lot like the plug used by the Norvel 061, except it's not quite as tall.

I dare say I could find out for myself by getting a little oil on my fingers but I've been too busy to set up my new Norvel to start the break-in process yet so I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the Glowbee sport (hemisphperical) or speed (trumpet-shaped inner) will fit, or should I keep these for my Black Widow?
Old 02-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glowbee heads for Norvel?

Yep, they fit.

J.M
Old 02-16-2004, 10:37 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

HI XJET! I've swapped back and forth with good results, but I wont buy any more COX heads, [unless it comes with a second hand engine]. The flat coil element plugs were everyones' favorite around here, but they needed more battery power to light.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:17 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LiteMachines makes or made a plug similar to the GlowBee. They had to make their own when GB stopped making them. They did this because the heli engines ran better with them.

I've swapped original GBs, LMs and stock Norvel plugs and found that the stock plug gave a little less top end but idle was somewhat lower and more reliable.

Yes, my Cox engines run just fine on Norvel plugs. I machine out a stock Cox plug to act as the head in those cases and from ten feet, you can't hardly tell the difference but it sure is cheaper.