Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

ap 0.61

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 10:07 AM
jdwardus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ap 0.61

are these engine no count. my brother has one and runs like **** i have a norvel 0.61 we both have them on a ugly stick my norvel flys circles around the ap the ap has about half the power as my norvel.were both using 20% nitro.the norvel starts easyer and runs twice as strong.what could be the problem.or is the norvel just that much stronger than the ap
Old 03-07-2004, 11:06 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: ap 0.61

HI JDWARDUS! I think if you get a good example of each engine, they are pretty even. Make sure the AP isn't leaking out the head or backplate. If you are comparing the AP to an AME, then the AME will seem twice as strong, but if you are talking about the BIG MIG NORVEL, a good AP will be pretty close.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ap 0.61

It has been pointed out that some .061 APs can run the same rpms as Norvels and some run 1K less. I like my AP and have just bought another one for a Simple P-51 I'm building.