Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

"Need Cox piston reset tool"

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

"Need Cox piston reset tool"

Old 03-19-2004, 02:39 AM
propjobbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Need Cox piston reset tool"

I have seen a lot about a piston reset tool for cox engines. Just what is the reset tool and where can a person buy one. Or is it possible to make one. Any information about how to use the tool would be helpful.
Any help appreciated:
Old 03-19-2004, 05:35 AM
Clean

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: "Need Cox piston reset tool"

Do a forum search on Cox Reset tool. You'll get about 30 hits in the last week, there you will see contact AJCoholic.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:08 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I do make them for all sizes but if you have a lathe you can make one too. In essence, it is a "punch" with a 90 degree bevel that is sized to fit over the con rod, and seat against the peened over ball and socket joint that holds the piston to the rod. There is also a small "anvil" that you set the piston on, that is relieved around the piston's edge so you dont bugger up the portion that contacts the cylinder. You give a few light taps with a small hammer and this tightens up the socket joint for a "no-play" (but not too tight !) situation.

I can supply you with more info, just email me

AJC
Old 03-19-2004, 07:57 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Propjobbill, Unless you want to make your own, if you going to buy one, get it from Andrew Coholic (ajcoholic). He sells a superior tool at a better price than you will find anywhere else. I bought a reset tool from a well known diesel head MFG. that required reworking before I could even use it. The tool I got from Andrew was a perfect and less expensive.

Just My Opinion.

Rrragman