Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

engine change .049 to .061

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

engine change .049 to .061

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:30 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default engine change .049 to .061

Its a lot more power but I had a throttle problem and had to stick it wide open,, it was real squirrely, like the first flight with the .049 , the good thing was it had plenty of power to climb so I got a few mistakes high in short order, I could not trim the thing under power but as soon as the motor cut out,, it soared great,, on the 2nd flight I actually caught a thermal and flew it deadstick longer than the power flight (~3 minutes on .5 oz), but I came in a tad forceful and broke a prop and loosened the motor mount again,, back to the staple gun, might try a film can tank too,, I think i would have been ok if I could have lowered the throttle and maybe flown a little longer at lower power, but I didnt have anyway to fix it,, they came to roll the field on my 2nd deadstick and I wouldnt fly with anyone out there at my skill level, but it was a BLAST!...Rog

Maybe I should put a wire skid on it too?
opps here we go again with the adhd just assumed everyone knew I was talking about the JKAerotech trainer