Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

COX "S-TEE" ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 04:59 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COX "S-TEE" ??

How much is one of these kits worth? I have one new in the box. Everything is there. The box even looks good. So what is it worth? And should I just build/fly and enjoy it, keep it, or sell it?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: COX "S-TEE" ??

What it is worth is just depending on what a "Collector" (hate that term but gotta love 'em) will pay for it. In real world terms, probably about $50. Besides, it's a cute plane that flies well..but when a "Collector" sees it... WOW>>> PRICELESS>.. which leads to my next suggestion. There is NO better way to find out how much it's worth than to put it on Ebay. If you want maximum value.. there is your ticket. I'm getting ready to put a Sterling Tri Pacer on there tonight.. for the very same reason. That kit is in the same condition.. but I never knew till I got it that Sterling put a metal nose bowl in that kit. Anyway.. good luck to you.....but that's what I would do..

PS... put a reserve on it if you you are worried about what it will bring....

Deadstik.....[8D]
Old 03-22-2004, 06:09 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, ebay will probably get you the most $$.

I remember when I wanted an Ace Whizard kit before Ace reissued them. I saw some go for $50 to $70 US!

The S-Tee was a nice looking plane. I'd build it myself if I were you.

AJC
Old 03-22-2004, 10:58 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

I think those planes are really nice, would go good in my growing collection of Vintage 1/2a and SMALL kits.

Its the shoulder wing version of Lee Renauds Q-Tee right? I have heard some reallty great stuff about those and some not so great stuff. The first Q-Tee I saw fly was Deadstiks at one of the NC SMALLs that we had. He hated it - said that it has never flown well.

Ive never seen one of the S-Tees but it looks a lot like my all time favorite the Upstart.

If you want to sell it, ill take it off your hands for sure, just let me know what you want for it.

the prole
Old 03-23-2004, 08:32 AM
2fast4u

To be honest, I am split 50/50 on building it or selling it. I just moved into a new house and have not had a chance to set up my garage shop. It's gonna take a month to get things right or at least close. When I get that behind me, then I will know if I'm gonna build it or not.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
DesignMan

So copy the parts and plans and sell the original! It would be a shame to ruin it for collectors when you can have your cake and eat it too. You can put the wood parts on a copier or scanner, or just trace them onto paper. There have been several threads on copying parts if you do a search.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:58 PM
2fast4u

you can have your cake and eat it too

Now that may be just the thing. Your talkin to a fat man already!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:35 AM
boberos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Cox S-Tee is the Lee Renaud design, the plans & construction article are available from RC Modeler magazine as is the Q-Tee as well. Perfect for scratch builders.
Good luck,
Bob G
Old 03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: boberos

If the Cox S-Tee is the Lee Renaud design, the plans & construction article are available from RC Modeler magazine as is the Q-Tee as well.

Bob G
Bob --

One in the same I believe -- the Q-Tee was a little parasol design that came out in '76 (RCM Plan 625). The S-Tee (high wing) came out a couple of years later (RCM Plan 723). I have both plans, but have never built either plane.

2fast4u --

I have to agree with DesignMan -- copy the plans and sell the kit. A sale to a collector would probably bring enough to buy balsa for several S-Tee's.[8D] The plans Bob mentioned are 8.00 and 7.00 (S-Tee and Q-Tee) -- used to be 6.00 until the price increase at the first of 2004.

the "other" Andrew
Old 04-20-2004, 02:58 PM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The s-tee and q-tee live again!
[link=http://www.dchobby.com/powered/index.html]guys who make airtronics kits again[/link]
Old 05-26-2005, 10:17 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

I discovered I have a short kit for the S-Tee. Sometime in the '80s I got a copy of the construction article. A bunch of us were going to put these together, I think to race. Someone offered to cut out the balsa for us and I got one. For a variety of reasons, I never got around to building it. Now I need to decide if I should try to build without the plans (I have a copy of the magazine page size plans), or fork up the $ for the plans. Wonder if I can get this finished by June 18?