Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Contest deadline rapidy approaching!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Contest deadline rapidy approaching!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Contest deadline rapidy approaching!

Only 3 weeks to go before the end of the design contest. It's going to be tough for me to get finished. How about you guys?
Old 04-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Contest deadline rapidy approaching!

It's going to be a stretch for me too.

Right now I'm struggling with mounting the cowling, as you can see in the pic, there is quite a gap between the fuse and the trailing edge of the cowling. So I am struggling to get it in the cowling in the right place with nothing to rest it against or gage its alignment [:@].

In any case it will be hard, school alone keeps me busy pretty much from 7am to as late as 2am, with few breaks (but I do check in here at least twice a day ). My goal is to have a good start on the covering by the end of the weekend.

Derek
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43443.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	119564  
Old 04-07-2004, 08:01 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Frankenstang is built I just gotta get the radio stuff in and its the same radio stuff I'm putting in my JKA Pocket Rocket and I want to try and fly that this weekend,,I actually have a whole 2 day weekend coming!!...Rog
Old 04-07-2004, 09:06 AM
newtech

After a good start I still only have a fuselage plug and two framed wing panels. Still have to make the fuselage mold and pull a set of carbon fiber fuselage halves from the molds. Oh well still a little time left.....I work best under pressure anyway :-)

Finally figured out how I am going to do the quick connect aileron linkage for the plug in wing panels. It is going to be a variation on how Europa does their linkage on the full size Europa. Doesn't require any connecting of linkages. Just plug in the wing panels and the ailerons are hooked up.

I have soaked the new AME .061 in Marvel Mystery oil and flipped it backwards a couple hundred flips per the break in instructions. Will be running it, on the test stand, for the first time this week. It does feel like it will hand start after the pre-breakin procedure. We will see.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:45 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like ya'll are in the same pinch I'm in........ It will be difficult to get my SuperChipmunk done, but I'm sure gonna try. I'll put updates in my original thread in a couple of days. After getting the radio gear 2 weekends ago, I managed to get the rudder and elevator servos mounted last night. I would like to get the throttle and aileron servos mounted tonite if possible. The unfinished plane (minus covering and pushrods) with all gear inside weighed in at 4.1oz's last night.

To complete the plane, I need to paint the cowling, cover the airframe, vac-form a new canopy, finish the cockpit and do all the 'final assembly' work (make pushrods, mount tail, balance, trim, etc). If all goes well vac-forming a 'good' canopy, I should get the plane finished, but only time will tell.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:04 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

I just gotta mount the engine and radio and get a few flight shots.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:05 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Man,

I got my plans made up by Jan. 2nd.....with everything I have/had going on I just haven't had the time to get to work on it. I am working hard of my darn rear rotor engine and then I was out of state when my Grandfather passed away and now I have to get a new fuse for my LS 150 for our Nc FunFly......I just don't think I can get it finished in time[]

Later,
Tim

HyperColor Anodizing
Old 04-07-2004, 08:36 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys, you were all too busy working on OTHER planes!

I am still waiting for my two ne VA's to get here...

AJC
Old 04-07-2004, 08:49 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a bunch of lame excuses....sounds like all the crap i used to hear when i commanded a vulcan/stinger battalion[>:]

dave
Old 04-08-2004, 08:09 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Mine (The BareCat) is finished and flying well; I just haven't had the time yet to upload the goodies to the site yet. Spring yard duties 2 weekends ago, Toledo last weekend, Easter family stuff at my house this weekend, blah, blah, blah - misc. pitiful excuses, etc, etc.

The plane isn't real exciting to look at but I hope to get a video together that will show you guys it's flying characteristics. That's where it really shines.