Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Glo clip for Norvel

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Glo clip for Norvel

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 11:39 AM
us020140
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glo clip for Norvel

What kind of glo clip will actually stay on a Norvel 0.74 during starting? While we're at it, is there a brand of glo plug wrench that readily fits into the Norvel head for easy plug removal?
Phil
Old 06-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The old style cox head/glow plug wrench works fine. For the clip, I just picked up what was at the hobby shop. Sometimes I use my battery glow clip and just hold it onto the glow plug. It holds my little delta down while I start it.
Edwin
Old 06-24-2002, 01:35 PM
us020140

Wouldn't the Cox glo head wrench remove the entire head? The Norvel plug unscrews from the head, doesn't it? I mean it does look like a standard glo plug, non-Cox type, isn't it?
Phil
Old 06-24-2002, 03:00 PM
Edwin

Nope, its special. The norvel head screws on to sandwich the glowplug in. The glowplug is like a top hat with a point on it. The plug died on both my .074 and .061 after about 45 min. to an hours use. Been ok since then. Others in the club havent had my problem. I run 40% power master.
Edwin
Old 06-24-2002, 03:09 PM
us020140

Wow!
Shows what I know.
You have made my life much simpler.
Phil
Old 06-24-2002, 06:59 PM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default glo plug

I use the same fuel as you do Ed but I add some oil to it I get about the same life out of a glo plug, have you tried the spiral lite plugs?, hey how about shoot me a pic of your delta, mine is finally deceased, But have not been able to find the plans from witch it was designed, it went like a bat out off heck, and roll was faster than you could count, Fastlash
Old 06-24-2002, 11:23 PM
Edwin

If you go to www.discounthobbies.net and click on the delta called superfly you'll see it. Mine is the one thats Texas flag on top, US flag on bottom. I know the shop owner and the designer is a member of our club. So when he said it was nearly indestructable, THAT sounded like a challange. Well, its not indestructable, but it IS very durable. I've got about 50 flights on mine right now. I've flown it in 20 mph winds. Not a bad little foamy. He has a superflea thats smaller with the same engine. A rediculously fast roll rate. I've also got the electric version. Its the only electric plane I've got thats enjoyable to fly, aerobatic, 10 minute flights.
Edwin
Old 06-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Edwin

If you go to www.discounthobbies.net and click on the delta called superfly you'll see it. Mine is the one thats Texas flag on top, US flag on bottom. I know the shop owner and the designer is a member of our club. So when he said it was nearly indestructable, THAT sounded like a challange. Well, its not indestructable, but it IS very durable. I've got about 50 flights on mine right now. I've flown it in 20 mph winds, quite a challenge. Not a bad little foamy. He has a superflea thats smaller with the same engine. A rediculously fast roll rate. I've also got the electric version. Its the only electric plane I've got thats enjoyable to fly, aerobatic, 10 minute flights. No freebies for me, I was a paying customer.
Edwin
Old 06-25-2002, 12:51 AM
neversink

Default Glo-plug ignitor

The short Dubro Kwik-Klip III stays on without having to hold it in place.

Rich
Old 06-25-2002, 01:56 PM
rcnats
My Feedback: (56)

Default Sullivan's 1/2A Clip

I have the new Sullivan 1/2a Clip that connects to your ni-starter. It is very similar to the old Cox glow head clip. Part # M058. Less than $10.00! Check it out.

*rcnats*