Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Ace simple series

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:10 AM
MDiver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace simple series

I was just wondering what some of you thought about the the ace simple series line. I used to fly a trainer a long time ago, took a break and just recently started flying a Zagi 400. I also fly micro helicopters. I don't have that much experience with planes so I was wondering how hard they are to control. I have a pretty good handle on my zagi, and I'm used to flying the helicopter (I realize that is totally different than fixed wing, but I guess it helps with the whole hand/eye/controller issues faced by some very new pilots). My second question is which of these would you reccomend(or a different manufacturer all together?) And do you have any tips for building these, I understand that they are quite simple, but any tips are always appreciated.

Thanks Guys.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ace simple series

Muffdiver, If you can fly a wing, I don't think you will have any problem with a Simple Series plane. They do have a trainer called the Grasshopper that has a polyhedral wing that should make it easy to fly.

I just ordered a Me-109 and a CAP from Lone Star Models. They still have them for $25 if you are interested.
I have the P-51 with a AP .061 engine and it is great flying plane. The wing area on these planes is a bit small, so adding some trailing edge or larger ailerons to the wing helps a lot. You will need a low temp. covering like Black Baron film to cover the foam wing.
Check out the Me-109 in the thread about Prices going Up. It is flying with just a .049 product engine, that you can buy for $14 from Lone Star.
Build it light and at least add larger ailerons and you will have a great little plane.