Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

LIGHT WEEGHT FUEL TANK

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

LIGHT WEEGHT FUEL TANK

Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a couple of Sullivan rt 1.5 oz tanks that Got some years back. I like them real well. Now I can't find them stock anywhere. Anyone know a source to get them.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:07 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The smaller the engine, the less sucking power it's going to have. If the tank is more or less centered for level flight, then you've done about as good as you can do. Keep the fuel line pinched off [until the engine's started] to avoid flooding the engine. If the engine seems to be too sensitive to changes in head pressure, then start with less fuel onboard. If that fails, then the engines could be made to run more consistently in all angles of attack with a pressure bladder system. This is a "Last Resort", but I've gone this route with a .020 that was too worn out to draw fuel very well.