Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

WTB- Any 1/2A Kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 02:33 PM
putt_13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB- Any 1/2A Kits

Hello,
I know this should go into the Marketplace, but I can't stand using that system. You can't find anything your searching for, and I know that there are probably people in this thread that have a 1/2A kit they want to get rid of, but they didnt think to look into the Marketplace. So....

I am looking for any un-assembled 1/2A kits. They can be slow fly, gliders, or fun-fly. I am just trying to find some nice kits. Thanx -Patrick
Old 06-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WTB- Any 1/2A Kits

Patrick,

If you want 1/2 A kits I can suggest no better guy to get them from than Bob Harris at Early R/C. I'm building his Jr. Falcon and have flown almost every plane in his line and can't say enough good things about them. Early R/C has a website that I think is www.earlyrc.com but that may not be correct. You can't go wrong with these laser kits and the prices are fair. Hope this helps.

Deadstik....[8D]
Old 06-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Deadstik,

Early R/C Models website is www.earlyrcmodels.com I am working on the Roaring 20 myself!!! It really is a great building little kit. I have been running some pics in another thread. Can't wait till we all can get together again.

Later,

Tim Wiltse
Old 06-26-2004, 09:22 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

I've built and flown three of Bob's kits and I have a ball with all of them! I've got the Lightning Bug, the Roaring 20 and the Jr. Falcon. They build well, all laser cut (NICE!!). Along with Bob's own planes, two of mine are also on his site. Highly recommended!!!

Brian
Old 06-26-2004, 09:54 PM
michpittsman
My Feedback: (11)

Any interest in an original Dave Thornburg Honker 1/2A kit? I have one I will probably never build, with a NIB Cox Black Widow and a fistful of props. I built the fuselage several years ago; everything is there, including the picture of Gloria Mills on the box label! JIM [email protected]
Old 06-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Lynn S

Putt, Didn't you build a Simple Cub?
Old 06-27-2004, 12:46 PM
putt_13

Hello,
Yup, I built that Simple Cub. It never flew. It would get off the ground and at about 1 foot in the air it would roll hard over. I even gave it a nice powerful hand-launch, and it still wouldnt fly straight. It wouldn't even fly at all. It would just coast into the ground. I dont know why it never flew. I assembled it quite well, but I think it had to do something with those foam wings being uneven widths. Thanx -Patrick

PS- I have a .061 to use.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Lynn S

Putt,
Sounds like you had a tip stall.(one wing stalls before the other) A lot depends on keeping the weight down.(with a small battery pack and micro servos) If you didn't have ailerons, there is not enough wing area to fly at slow speeds, unless it is very light. Even if you do have ailerons it needs larger ones plus a trailing edge glued to the wing. The extra wing area really makes a lot of difference. The first Extra I built last year didn't fly worth a flip, the one I have now is fine. The extra wing area makes all the difference.
If you still have your Cub, I bet it will fly with a little work on the wing and keeping the weight to around 18oz.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:29 PM
putt_13

Hello,
The cub no longer lives. I tried to convert it to electric. That didnt work to well either. I am going to make a Clancy Lazy Bee out of coroplast. I plan on using a single undercambered piece of 4mm for the wing. It will have adequate wing area, so it should be a floater. Thanx for all the help. -Patrick
Old 06-27-2004, 07:29 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: putt_13

Hello,
I know this should go into the Marketplace, but I can't stand using that system. You can't find anything your searching for,....

Patrick, if you have issues with the Marketplace PLEASE take the time to report them to the management through the suggestions forum or in a PM to either RCAdmin (Marc) or Plane Insane (Nathan). They are truly trying to make the Marketplace work and suggestions or reports of difficulties are always welcome. As one of the main money makers that keeps RCU working for you the Marketplace is THE key area that must work and work well. Your comments will NOT be sluffed off.

And you're right, this is not the place. Technically I should delete this thread but since I see a few posts here about suppliers of good kits I'll leave it but if I see one more private sale reply I'll be forced to delete the whole thread.