Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Briot Birdy Kit - Sans Plans...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Briot Birdy Kit - Sans Plans...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Briot Birdy Kit - Sans Plans...

I had a great time at a local model swap this morning, and even found an interesting old kit. It is a French (?) Briot Birdie. It rather closely resembles the old Cox Rally ultralight ARF R/C. It has a bolted and wire braced aluminum frame with a built up wing, and is shown in the box photo being powered by an old red and blue Cox .049. The kit looked to be "all there" and even had the plans, which (after I got it home) turned out to be only simple drawings with some numbers - no CG location or anything else. There was no instruction manual still with the kit, but I am pretty sure it must have once had one. This thing is just a tad complicated for me to try and just "wing it". So... dose anyone out there have a copy of the instruction manual for this kit that they would be willing to copy for me? Also, has anyone up here built or flown one of these and have any thoughts on it? This thing is probably a "collectible", but since the box is in rather poor shape, I thought I just might build it...

Arlen