Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

How Much Do You Pour

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

How Much Do You Pour

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 01:46 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much Do You Pour

How much nitro do you like to use in your 1/2As ( I like to pour it until the engine pukes) or (people won't stand next to me while Iam refueling), that takes about 50%and 22% oil, both in cox and norvels, what do you like???
Old 07-27-2002, 02:18 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nitro.........

15% Omega in my sport .049 planes. At the suggestion of a fellow Smallster, I plan to start bumping up the castor level to ease the wear on the little ball joints in my Coxes

25% Byron in my .020 and .049 race planes. In the .020 teedee, the difference between 15 and 25 % is the difference between a dog and a streaker. We all know what 25% does to any .049.

Old 07-27-2002, 01:55 PM
Jeff Leavitt

Default Nitro.......

Fastlash,

I use 25% in my Norvel's and my VA's. I haven't hurt any parts in a long time and engine runs are good and consistant. No starting or needling problems. And I should mention that our club pylon rules limit fuel to 25%. I think the fuel restrictions will go away next year so that will open the door to some experimentation. Beyond a certain point, extra Nitro makes your set up very critical. Obviously, that point differs based on engine brand, weather, compression, etc. Rgds...... Jeff.....
Old 07-27-2002, 04:13 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Default How Much Do You Pour

I have run everything from 10% up to 45% in my .049"s and .061's. I have settled on 25% nitro and 20% synthetic oil. I have good starting and very consistant runs. One of my Norvel's is 4 years old now, and since going to the XL head and plug, I swear to you I have not had to change the plug!!! That's 3 years with one plug. NO B.S.!!! I run mostly Ritch's Brew out of Houston Texas. It is very clean fuel. When I was running 45% I was changing parts all the time.