Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hurdle Mills funfly

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hurdle Mills funfly

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 05:46 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hurdle Mills funfly

Well. once again a great time was had by all..I flew my spyder on a half a dozen flights,,came closest to the mark on a deadstick landing but didnt stay in the air long enough to win, the next one for me was take 2 dice roll and multiply them,,dont ya know I rolled a pair of 5's..I had to do 25 loops,, I think Deadstick had 5,,well guess what ???you can do 25 loops on a full tank of a golden bee...Jboy topped out and won with the ugliest plane?? but he was flying like a champ with it...Raymond showed up but couldnt stay very long.....there was another contest for takeoff 2 rolls,2 loops and land in the shortest time I never saw a landing like that before, he (deadstick) did the loops/rolls and came in full bore chopped the throttle the plane tipped up on the nose cone and skidded to a stop in 25 seconds..me and Jboy were the only ones with 1/2a planes...it was a blast...Rog
Old 09-12-2004, 08:47 AM
jboy381-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurdle Mills funfly

it really was a great day...now on to the next one...9\25\04 already looking forward to it...

john
Old 09-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Man I miss all the fun! Sounds like you crazy dudes had a great time. With what plane did John win the ugliest plane award with????? Rog it sounds like you are really putting the Spyer through it's paces! Looking forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks.

Later,
Tim
Old 09-12-2004, 11:22 AM
flyinrog

Jboy won with his LS150 the white plane with Duke on it...and I put the spyder in nose first this morning and tore out the servo tray, and broke a servo arm, so I got some repairs to do yet and the Cap too,,I gotta be able to fly that thing for the flyin...Rog
Old 09-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

I wish all of the NC group could have come by. Great weather and a lot of fun. Roger was doing a pretty good job of flying his Cox Spyder and I got the honor of the test flight of his new simple series Cap 21. That plane flew great !!!! I had it all trimmed out.. and then we had a radio malfunction which I know Roger is sorting out... I think it was a battery problem as the surfaces went to limits and just stayed there.. I had nothing till vertical impact... RIGHT into that beautiful patch of SOYBEANS... very little plane damage as it went in from about 100 feet... but.. it flew so well I am thinking of building one.... Best plane Roger has had so far !!!

Looking forward to the next Small Fly at Burlington... Seeya there ~!!!!!

Dan
Old 09-12-2004, 04:28 PM
jboy381-RCU

i think the only reason my plane was the uglyest was the logo the i put on it...for some reason nobody likes the duke blue devils...everybody must have been tar heel fans or something...

john
Old 09-12-2004, 05:48 PM
flyinrog

I think Jboy got it cause he was an outsider like me...and I had already put my plane up,,and the club members didnt want to pick each other...repairs are done on the Cap (Dan, its not made anymore)and am waiting on the epoxy to cure to fix the spyder...Thanks for the kind words Dan,,have ordered some goodies for the funfly, gotta get a new hat,I burned my neck and ears bad,,..Rog