"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

Old 10-04-2004, 03:55 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L.

Cool trophy DB, too bad about the way you won it though,,you can repair it..these flyins are great huh, make you feel like a 10 year old at the coolest birthday party in town, if theres 1/2 a dozen who turnout its still just as fun....Rog
Old 10-04-2004, 08:41 AM
flying poodle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just want to thank Lynn, Milton, and Cathy for the hospitality shown to my family. My son is 2 and REALLLY wants to fly with daddy, which he does at home, but not with other people around. These guys did not mind him at all, and I appreciate that.

Having now seen Dickybirds airplanes in person I am inspired. His planes are perfect, his engines run puuurfect, and he flies bountifully. I could not wait to get home and finish my pacer so I could start on a home for my TD.

Also, thank you for the glow plugs Milton. The first thing I did at home was to fire up the TD, runs great. I also noticed that the cox plug will fit my norvel!? It ran and throttled well - any good/bad reasons not to use this plug on the norvel?

Thanks again for a great time.
Tatum
Old 10-04-2004, 08:49 AM
flying poodle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

P.S.
Hey Dickybird, maybe your next construction project should be a centerpole for your tent?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ouch! Sorry to see the Lizzie carnage, DB! Looks like it was a heckuva event overall, though. I just wish we had something remotely similar within a few hours drive up my way......
Old 10-04-2004, 10:53 AM
MR Flyer57

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great event DB,
Thank you for the pictures and the play by play.

I too am sorry for the dent in the Twin Lizzie but I'm sure it will fly again. It is good to know that I'm not the only one who still gets the friggin' ailerons backward. The good news is that it happens less and less, and hopefully this is your measure of bad luck for a good long while.

Also I like the shirt!! If you have more pictures, I am really interested. Now where's the set of pictures that Poodle is hiding?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:21 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks everybody....I just staggered through the front door after 12 1/2 hrs. of post-vacation-fly-in/return to work depression syndrome.[]

I didn't get near enough pictures or people's names, as usual. I need to go to more of these things so's I can do a better job of reporting.

f/p the only problem with the Cox plugs is the replacement cost! I think the latest Freedom plugs work real well on Norvels and are much cheaper. I really appreciate the kind words and support you and Jobeth gave me when I was looking around for a sword to fall on after the 'Lizzie fiasco. It's a good thing the club didn't have a martini bar onsite!

It's really great how excited everyone gets around the S.M.A.L.L. events but they are few & far between. Dunno why.

DB over & out for a while, gotta do the supper thing.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

DB,

MAn sorry to see/hear about the twinTwin Lizzy. I know that with your skills you will get her back in the air in due time. I still need to get around to building the Twin Lizzy myself.

LAter,
Tim