Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

from rubber power to glow

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

from rubber power to glow

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Alessandro 78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from rubber power to glow

Hi friends,
I’m looking for a new 1/2A project, and I’ve found on net the “Erlth Stal” plan page.
There are a lot of nice model. I’m looking on Blackburn Skua. I’ve scaled the plan from A4 to A3, and the model should be good for .10 size motor. My question now is: what kind of airfoil I can use? I think that the original designed for rubber power is not adequate. What is the best:
Naca 2412
Clark Y

Thanks
Alessandro - Italy
Old 09-21-2004, 01:15 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: from rubber power to glow

If you'll be stunting it a lot then the 2412 looks like a great choice. Low camber with just enough flat lower rear surface to build flat on a board.

I don't think many of us are familiar with the A3 and A4 size papers. What is the wing span after the enlargement?

You'll be making a lot of modifications to the structure to strengthen it for RC as well I presume.