Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Information on the "Frog" diesel .09

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Information on the "Frog" diesel .09

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information on the "Frog" diesel .09

Guys,

I picked up a english diesel engine called a Frog .09 from a friend who was cleaning out some stuff. I am looking for any info on it- It is missing the needle valve, so I would like to find one. Does it run good? Worth anything? Let me know if you know anything about it. I can post pictures if this will help. Thanks in advance. Dale
Old 10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Information on the "Frog" diesel .09

They're a fine old engine. I have the Frog 80 (.049) and it runs great. I had to replace the spraybar assembly with one from a Chinese 1.5 as the one that I got with the Frog obviously wasn't original and didn't work too well either.

I run it on the local commercial brew with a bit of extra ether. It turns a 7*4 at abou 8,500 rpm.

A friend of mine has the 1.5 (.09) and flies a Thunder Tiger Scooter with it. Don't know what size prop he uses but it's likely an 8".

My 80 is around 50 years old and still starts easily. Don't know that it's worth a whole heap except to another diesel nut.

Hope your .09 works out well for you.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:47 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it the Frog .09 diesel with the rear intake and "vibramatic" induction? They performed well enough that replicas were made in India at one time.
You might post it on the diesel forum. One fellow over there has over 200 .09's in his collection and may be able to point you in the right direction. A picture would help.

Good luck.

George
Old 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the info guys- I asked for more info in the diesel section and posted pictures . Thanks, Dale
Old 10-06-2004, 11:28 AM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw the pics in the Diesel section and it looks like a throttle ring could be made around the collector ring.