Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Another glue for foam.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Another glue for foam.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 07:18 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another glue for foam.

Hello-
Gorilla glue' (polyurethane glue) is gonna be hard to beat for most gluing on foam, but it does often leave an amber 'scar' when used to repair a crack on finished foam. The gorilla glue seam could be sanded and the area re-covered or painted but sometimes that is a bit of a pain. Also if you get gorilla glue on anything you didn't want to glue, it is a living heck to clean up, especially if the surface can't hang with solvents- like foam, for example..

I read about 'wallpaper seam sealer' on the e-zone and found 'stick-ease wallcovering seam repair' at home depot for 1.99 a tube in the wallpaper aisle. This stuff works great!

It looks, and behaves just like common white glue, except it sticks to foam. I cracked the nose almost all the way off my foam electric p-40 and after gluing it back on with the seam repair glue, I can only find the seam because I remember where it was.. I just drooled some of the wallpaper glue into the crack, worked it in to the break with my fingers then wiped away the excess with a moist paper towel.
I don't know if it's fuel proof or not. Dries maybe a little slower than pva white glue.

In [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278613&highlight=glue+test+results]this ezone forum thread[/link] the chunk of foam torn out by the wallpaper seam glue was as big as that from epoxy (a good thing in the test). (I've been having trouble for some reason with images, so I'm gonna just pirate the image- this is what I found at home depot, works great.)

Old 10-11-2004, 01:32 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another glue for foam.

I've been using Z-56