Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Big MIG 061 with tank mount...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Big MIG 061 with tank mount...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 12:28 AM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big MIG 061 with tank mount...

Have been breaking in the engine and notice a couple of things. The Norvel tank mount seems to be a bit of a pain. The tank has a brass tube for the exhaust pressure that extends to the bottom of the tank(why?), so when filling the tank the line has to be pinched or plugged or else the fuel comes right out. Also have to hold the spring vent open while filling, kind of hard to do while using a hand crank to fill. I'm I doing something wrong? Oh, and now the spring vent is stuck open.[>:]

Also seems like some fuel is dripping from the starter spring just behind the prop while running. Is it getting past the crank bushing? Is this normal? I'm sure the engine is not broken in yet but it will hold a needle setting.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2004, 01:02 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big MIG 061 with tank mount...

The tube goes to the bottom to pressurize the fuel instead of the air volume,,,I have to hold my plane nose down and fuel through the carb line but I run the exhaust off the .061 straight to the exhaust tube,,fuel dripping out of the prop washer is ok, as long as its not excessive,,ie if there are drips coming out after the run its ok, its part of the lubrication process...Rog
Old 10-24-2004, 08:03 AM
Jim Thomerson

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fill through the muffler pressure line--no problem.

Jim
Old 10-24-2004, 10:06 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Scudrunner, The spring vent will come out of the tank. And I mean the whole thing! Leaving only a small hole in the tank. I took mine out and cleaned it and never had another problem. Never had to pinch the fuel line either.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Lynn S

I bought one of those and only use it as a test stand. Its mounted on a plywood box. I use it to break in new engines.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:00 PM
scudrunner77

OK....

I will take the vent out and clean it. Might be gummed up because the last time it was used was last winter.

I'm using the tank mount for break in only too. So I can't really tilt it down when filling because it is screwed to a 1/8 inch plywood and then that is attached to a saw horse. I will just have to mess with it some more.

Have a 2oz reg tank for the plane that the motor is going on...