Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Enya engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 04:19 PM
BUCKETOBOLTS
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya engines

Has anybody had any experience with the smaller Enya engines? I was looking at engines in the 09 to 15 range but I do not know of anyone who uses them.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:19 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eyna .09 RC

I have one of the .09 NIB. I had one several years ago on a Cub. It ran great. Could not tell the difference between OS 10 and the little Enya. as far as performance and ease of use.

BobHH
Old 08-16-2002, 09:07 PM
dgliderguy

Default Enya engines

Bucketobolts,

I have the Enya.09IV R/C on my Sig Colt, and it is a little sweetie. Still puts out some black oil residue, so I assume it is still breaking in, but it starts just fine, idles very well, has a good transition, and the top end is (as BobHH says) just like an OS.10. Omega 10% fuel, Cox 7X3 grey prop, OS A3 plug, no tank pressure.

My only criticism is that it is a rather loud engine for its size. I tried swapping the stock Enya muffler with an OS.10 muffler, and it didn't make much difference. Snarly little guy.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:41 PM
BUCKETOBOLTS

Default Enya engines

I have a 15 Enya I got on a trade but don't have a muffler for it. So I have not tried to run it. I'm not sure how old it is but I believe it is III series engine. Is there any and what is to difference in the series engines?
Old 08-18-2002, 10:09 PM
johnvb-RCU

Default Enya 09

My brother runs the latest model Enya .09 C/L. Very sweet little engine, 7*5 Master prop seems to suit it well. Starts easy when cold, but needs a bit more persuading when hot.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:05 AM
BUCKETOBOLTS

Default Enya engines

Sorry I got the engine out and looked at it and it is a 09 not a 15. The exhaust is on the left hand side instead of the usual right. I don't have a muffler for it and would buy one or maybe a hole nother engine if anyone has one.