Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Famous AJCoholic did you make this?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Famous AJCoholic did you make this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 06:08 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Famous AJCoholic did you make this?

Hey AJ...looks like you're pretty famous. Did you make this engine? It's on you know where. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...929450762&rd=1
Old 10-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Famous AJCoholic did you make this?

The link doesn't work because RCU deletes e B a y URLs.
Whenever you need to link to e B a y, you can use the URL encoded values in place of the name
e = %65
b = %62
c = %61
d =%79

For example
http://cgi.%65%62%61%79.com/ws/eBayI...tem=5929450762

Anyways, it's pretty cool to see Andrew's stuff out there. And it seems that it is going to go for a few bucks too.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:21 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Holy crap! Yes, I built that. Actually, the engine was designed by Roger Schroeder of Kansas, and is called the Victor. Its an .09 spark ignition engine. I built that in 1999, and did indeed give it to the fellow's father as a gift. I imagine he passed away (his name was Bill Cooksey) and his son is selling off his estate. Bill was a very prolific collector and a great, kind man.

The engine was built by me to test Roger's drawings, as he had just finished them up and wanted me to build one to make sure all measurements, etc were OK before he started selling them.

Roger S still sells castings and plans to build the engine.

Neat!

AJC

PS I dont think I am famous... but its neat to see my name around every so often..
Old 10-31-2004, 01:08 PM
meowy84

Maybe ya should buy it back. Or someone from here should buy it so that the engine 'stays in the family' so to speak.

P.S. Didn't know about the ebay links being deleted. My bad.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:10 PM
meowy84

Oops, just noticed that it sold already

Anyways, that is a beautiful engine! I'd love to have bought it but it's not even close to the next payday and already blew my money on other auctions.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:32 PM
ajcoholic

Well, after 7/8 years of building IC engines (I honestly lost count but maybe 40?) I have two to show for my efforts. One is my first try at an engine, and it was a miserable failure. The other is my first runner.

I ended up giving most of them away as gifts and have sold some also. I dont get sentimentally attached to anything I build, I enjoy the process of contruction and then its off to the next one for me

I wouldnt have bought it back anyhow. But in 40 yrs I wonder who will have it? Some collector will be asking "who the hell is Andrew Coholic" and no one will know where it came from...

AJC
Old 10-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You should do up a little certificate for each engine with specs and a blurb about yourself.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AJ, have you checked out this site yet, there are a few of your babies on there.-including a twin!

http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/cox_frameset.htm
Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 AM
meowy84

AJ I think your name is secured. You're already being mentioned on you know where and then the 1/2A site that Jettstarlube posted. Soon enough you'll make it into one of those engine collector guide-books and then your name will be secured in the world of modeling. Any plans on joining St.Peter soon (joking of course ) because as we all know the value of an artist's work at least quadruples or even thousand-uples after death. LOL If so I'll take a loan out for a few of your engines. [>:] heh heh heh
Old 11-01-2004, 11:27 AM
meowy84

AJ, this is what they say about you on that site:

"Homemade Twin .049 RC (1.27 cm³)

Manufactured in 2000 (serial #010)

This twin was composed from two .049 Bees by well known engine builder Andrew Coholic. The engines are mounted on a massive aluminum back plate and clamped together at the necks of their crankcases. The main shaft runs in twin ball bearings and the gear ratio is approximately 0.82.

Andrew is also responsible for a few other Cox modifications like the sideport Tee Dee and an ignition versions of the Sportsman."

See? "well known engine builder"! I want an autograph.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:44 PM
ajcoholic

What can I say... just a guy in the middle of no where that likes to tinker with engines...