"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Archie Lynn Sipes (Lynn S) 1948 - 2004

Old 11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Archie Lynn Sipes (Lynn S) 1948 - 2004

I'm very sad to report that Lynn S passed away on October 24, 2004. His son Benjamin posted this recently over in the Ezone 1/2A forum and asked that I inform his friends on this forum as well.

It's so hard to believe he's gone....I just spent a great day flying with him a few weeks ago at the Tullahoma S.M.A.L.L. and he seemed in good health and we had a good time together. As always, he was smiling and helping everyone in sight. He was the kind of man that enjoyed helping others and was always one of the first in our group to welcome new members and to humbly share his knowledge. Never a cross word for anyone.

His son Benjamin is 24 years old and asked me what he should do with his Dad's planes. What do you guys think? My opinion is that he would have wanted his friends here in this forum to keep on flying his planes in his memory. Maybe I should suggest to Benjamin that if he could take some pictures of all of Lynn's stuff that he wants to sell, we could post them here if the moderators OK it. I guess technically this kind of thing is supposed to be handled in the "For Sale" section but under the circumstances, here may be the best place. Of course, Lynn's family's opinion is the most important thing.

Sincerely,
Milton Dickey
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Archie Lynn Sipes (Lynn S) 1948 - 2004

That's way too young. God bless his family.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I never met Lynn but it was clear from the way he 'talked' on this forum that he was one of the good guys. A loss to us all. My sympathies to his family.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:31 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

To me the letters LS in 'LS-150' will forever now mean Lynn Sipes. He was really enthused about those LS 150.
I am so sad- this is heartbreaking news.

This thread of his does still make me laugh-

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1645787/anchors_1645787/mpage_1/key_LS150%252Cpersuit/anchor/tm.htm#1645787]LS 150 vs P-51[/link]
Old 11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Andrew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had noticed that Lynn had not posted recently, but just assumed that he was busy with work. His passing is quite a shock and his presence certainly will be missed in this forum. Lynn seemed to thoroughly enjoy flying and willingly shared those moments with us -- his SST appeared several times, but he seemed to champion the LS150 and Simple Series most of all. We have spoken of the friendliness found in this forum and Lynn was a class-act contributor.

I had the privilege to correspond with Lynn several times, although I have never met him personally. My condolences and sympathy to his family -- I shall miss him here.

the "other" Andrew
Old 11-01-2004, 01:01 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

WOW...that is a shocker for a Monday morning[] Like alot of us here I never met Lynn either but he truly seemed like a really nice guy. This news makes me pretty sad. Just a couple of weeks ago he posted pictures of himself chucking around his 1/2a SST. I guess after typing back and forth for almost 2 years really makes you feel like you know someone. I guess I didn't know his last name but the LS 150 no longer stands for 150% Little Stick but now Lynn Sipes. My heart goes out to his family as well. If his son would like to list items for sale that would be fine with me too.

Take care all,
Tim Wiltse
Old 11-01-2004, 02:01 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow, What a drag. I never met Lynn but coorisponded with him many times. As DB said I don't ever remember Lynn getting sideways with any one. He sure did love the SS planes. He will be greatly missed. My condolances to Lynn's family.

Archie Lynn Sipes, rest in peace.

Rrragman
Old 11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I didn't realize until he mentioned it here in the forum that Lynn had purchased his 1/2a SST kit from me on eBay last year, and we had occasion to PM about it and our SS planes a few times. He was always helpful and cheerful, and seemed to have a real love for the hobby. I'll miss his posts and PMs. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Mopzilla

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Though I never got to know him too much, I'm still really sad that such a great guy passed so early in life. He helped me so much with building the Lynn Sipes 150 for .074, which I'm slowly working on. My sympathies to Lynn's family - Lynn was kind, helpful, and will be missed greatly by us. []
Old 11-01-2004, 05:31 PM
bigchap

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i corresponded with him on a few occasions,a great guy.instead of selling off his aircraft how about an award for endeavor and tenacity in what can be a very trying hobby,tell me where to send the money.i know i am over the other side of the pond but we are a global brotherhood so let's pull together on this one.R.I.P.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wow, what a shocker,it wasnt long ago that we spoke (pm'ed) abput the LS150 ,he promoted it so well,gosh I wonder how many of us built one...I didnt realize he was ill...he will be missed..[]
Old 11-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Dukester
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

While I only had the occasional opportunity to correspond with Lynn, his informative posts were much appreciated. Clearly visible through his participation here was not only a love of the hobby, but a general friendliness and willingness to help. As we would say, he was just good people. My deepest sympathies and regrets on your loss.

Ben,
Don't be too quick to part with his collection. Make sure you keep some as a reminder of their value to your father and also for yourself as you never know what interests you may develop yourself later in life.

Sincerely,
Duke
Old 11-01-2004, 06:56 PM
matchlessaero

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I feel lucky that I had to opportunity to share a pit area with him and shake his hand. I feel sad I won't be able to do so again.

Fly on brother.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:10 PM
jboy381-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

lynn was and still is a dear friend...i never knew that you could get to know someone by reading on a PC screen...lynn truly was a man with a big heart...in fact if it wasn't for him i would've never built the LS 150...today i will retire the original LS 150 in his memory...rest in peace lynn,may GOD walk with you on your journey...

john
Old 11-01-2004, 07:30 PM
xanaphyst
My Feedback: (17)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

God speed your final flight on the wings of 1/2A angels ...a true loss of knowledge and friendship.

Sincerely,

xanaphyst
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92858.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	188977  
Old 11-01-2004, 08:04 PM
vauxhall

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thats terribly sad news, Lynn and I swapped emails a few times, and he sent me some pictures of his house when it snowed there a few months back. Difficult to know what to say except I'll miss him and I extend my deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Farewell Lynn.
John Harold, Sydney Australia
Old 11-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Bipe Flyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was saddened to read the post from Benjamin the other day on RC Groups. I only knew Lynn through forums and email correspondance. He seemed to have such enthusiasim for whatever his current project was. I always enjoyed reading about his LS 150, rudder only flying or his latest Simple Series build. We had a bit of fun together making the LS150 VS Mustang pictures a few months ago too.

My condolences to his family. Rest in peace Lynn.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
JasonRP

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Oh man..

I had just started reading this forum again a few days ago, and I am shocked and saddened to read about Lynn's passing. The last time I had taken a break from the forum, I came back after a few months, and when he noticed I was back sent me a PM to say hi. Truly a nice guy, and I know I'll definately miss his posts here.

Jason
Old 11-01-2004, 11:07 PM
raycamel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ditto on everyones posts. I am completly blown away!(i need a tissue), this indeed is sad news. I am happy that he,as well as us,(thanks Lynn)were able to enjoy his hobby,posts,help. I lurk quite a bit and remember a few of his first posts(newbe)[8D], he learned so much and met/aquired so many friends, and loved it. I take much solice in this, I can't say he was just friendly, he was enthusiastic about this hobby and the fellows here. Condoleces from me and my brother, a peace of the "family" will be foever missed....... Rob&Chuck
R.I.P. Lynn.....Thank You
Old 11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
combatpigg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm very sad to hear about this, it sounds like it was a sudden illness that took him, because he looked very young and healthy. The photos of his house with the huge mowed yards made me very envious! What a great life he must have lived in those surroundings. I believe that the soul is immortal, and he will be back again. To LYNNs' family, my deepest sympathy, CHUCK MATHENY
Old 11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Remby

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Very sad. Not long ago we made suggestions on his avatar, I remember Bipe Flyer doing thigs to the suggestions we gave, and after it was looking good he used it everytime he was on here.. Always will remember his messages, and kind words to all .
Remby
Old 11-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Love1/4Scale
My Feedback: (26)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sad news indeed....I have never met Lynn personally but had the fortune of dealing with him a few times. Last year I built his Hummer and the SST for him and just recently put together a Stinger10 also. He emailed me about 4 weeks ago about another project and I didnt hear from him since. Lynn was the reason that I added the 1/2A forum to "My Forums" and I always checked in to see what he was up to. He was a pleasure to deal with and will be missed greatly I feel sure.

My condolences to his family and friends.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:20 AM
matchlessaero

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I thought everyone would enjoy these pictures. We had a fun day flying with Lynn that day in Cloverport.

Of special mention was the rudder only LS150 he flew (very well) for us (I believe its the yellow one in the group pic). One pic is of the group that flew that day, and another is of the LS he converted to electric. He really did love the 'stick' design : )

Name:	Nl28545.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	189141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49046.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	189142  
Old 11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
flying poodle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow. This is a shock. I just meet Lynn at the Tullahoma SMALL event a couple of months ago. He was indeed very enthusiastic about our hobby. I brought two airplanes to that event, a LS-150 was one of them. I believe that seeing people building and flying this airplane brought great joy to this man, as his airplanes and post have brought to me. Rest in peace and Godspeed.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:38 PM
Andrew

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's one of my favorites: Lynn with an early flight of his SST flying over that yard of his.

Name:	Nl29696.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	189179  

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service