Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

"1/8A" MICRO R/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 11:09 PM
MICRO-FLITE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "1/8A" MICRO R/C

SERCEFLYER,

How is your "1/8A" MINI-BELL project coming along?

Roger
Old 11-09-2004, 11:19 PM
MICRO-FLITE

Default RE: "1/8A" MICRO R/C

RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES

RCUniverse.com is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and backgrounds feel relaxed and comfortable. Like any community, RCU has certain standards. When members join our forums, they agree to abide by these rules. To remain a part of the RCU community, members must be considerate to others. Repeated violations of these standards may result in a member being banned from entry or participation in community forums.

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:
This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another member's question about their occupation or business, however, If you are a rep, manufacturer, distributor or retailer for any product you cannot solicit, offer, promote, or market this product in the discussion forums. Offering support or technical answers for the item being discussed is permitted based on the criteria listed above. Please seek out the advertising information RCU has available to promote your products.

As clearly stated in the RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES, it is YOUR RIGHT as an RCU member to be able to get "...support or technical answers for the item being discussed..." I have been asked by RCU members to give support and answer a number of technical questions on the "1/8A" products that we are presently manufacturing and on "1/4A" and 1/2A products we intend to manufacture in the future. As an RCU member and manufacturer it is MY RIGHT to provide you with support and answer your technical questions, according to the RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:15 AM
SERCEFLYER

I just finished the fuselage. I really like this Peck kit-- it looks just like a micro version of a .40-size trainer. (The instructions say that the Mini Bell is a 1/3 scale version of a Senior Falcon.) I'm not such an experienced flyer, so I hope it'll behave like a trainer in the end. I hate it when you lose in the race to trim a model before it gets destroyed during the first flights. We'll see.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 AM
MICRO-FLITE

PIONEERING "1/8A" B-36 UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

In a previous post on another thread I promised to report on "1/8A" MICRO R/C projects that are underway. Don D'Innocenzo is working on a "1/8A" pioneering project to build the WORLD'S FIRST FULLY THROTTLEABLE "1/8A" B-36 bomber. Don also said he will have four (4!) fully functional 50Z Jet-X engines on board. Don said, "...with all four engines burning, I will have an additional 1-3/4 pounds of thrust (on average) on the runway as I take off". His B-36 will be outfitted with Don's handmade pusher props. Don's "1/8A" B-36 is a unique R/C model that has what it takes to put on a spectacular show on the runway, during liftoff, and in the air!

Don's earlier built free flight "1/8A" B-36 can be seen on my web site (micro-flite.com). We will be posting more pictures that Don has recently sent us of the construction of the "1/8A" R/C version of his 72nd scale B-36! It would be great to have a video clip of this amazing "1/8A" MICRO R/C model on its maiden flight!

Roger

>>Edited to remove promotional copy. wr.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 AM
MICRO-FLITE

ORIGINAL: SERCEFLYER

I hate it when you lose in the race to trim a model before it gets destroyed during the first flights.
Yes, I know that nightmare scenario! I felt that kind of anxiety, when I made my first flight with one of my R/C models that has a 12' wingspan. Crashing it would have put a dent in my net worth!

The extraordinary thing about "1/8A" R/C is that even a BALSA multi-channel "1/8A" R/C model is virtually indestructible, even if you nose dive straight in, as long as you don't hit something that is really really hard. Test fly your MINI-BELL in a park over grass and you will have no problem . It will just bounce! Rubber band the wing on your model, so that it will get knocked off in a crash, preventing any serious damage.

This great new age of "1/8A" R/C will keep a lot of beginning R/C modelers from dropping out of the R/C hobby, because they still will have an R/C model to fly after their initial first R/C flights. Thanks to the late, great Leroy M. Cox for providing us with one of the true mechanical wonders of our modern world -- the phenomenal COX TEE DEE .010 ENGINE!

Onward and UPward!![sm=sunsmiley.gif]

Roger
Old 11-11-2004, 09:56 PM
MICRO-FLITE

MISINFORMATION ON THE RCU FORUM!

There have been repeated posts of MISINFORMATION about the RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES and about POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS on the RCU FORUM. For ACCURATE INFORMATION please reference these topics on the RCUNIVERSE.

As a member of the RCUNIVERSE, you have the right, on the RCU FORUM, to ask manufacturers, etc., for support or for technical answers to questions regarding their products. Likewise, members who are manufacturs, etc., have the right, on the RCU FORUM, to provide support or technical answers to questions regarding their products.

Onward and UPward!!
[sm=sunsmiley.gif]

Roger
Old 11-11-2004, 10:43 PM
t_kwink

Calm down, dude. The elections are over.....we're all sick of politics.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

I was going to keep my mouth shut but this is without a doubt the straw that broke the camels back. I can not believe MF thinks he has the RIGHT to post here. He needs to realize it's a privilege to me a member of this forum. YES a member of this forum asked him to respond he about his product. After all the BS and hype was said he still answered no ones questions and then he gets all pi$$ed off when he got pressed for info. The whole !QUOT!I promised someone else the first report!QUOT! crap just doesn't fly with me. I still say he didn't report himself because he didn't know. A company selling an item should at the very least be able to provide to us the info we all were asking ....by US I me the members of this forum being his target market group! Every post is about MF. In my eyes he started this thread just to open the door to run his mouth some more. He received one reply( that didn't even ask anything more from MF) and then starts running again pushing MF. When his posts got edited then HE starts CRYING foul again. He needs to read his own posts. If you don't like it theres the door please go away. As no one asked anything about his product before he started in again. In other posts he said Rog was going to have a short life on RCU. I found that very offensive! Rog has offered much to this forum. MF has only brought alot of bad feelings here. I hope I have not offended any of the regular members of this board over the past posts regarding MF, if so please PM. While MF claims that he is getting PM's from people saying how the !QUOT!wolfpack!QUOT! are making *****s of themselves I will now call him a lier because my box is full of people saying just the opposite. It is a shame it has come to this but I ask the moderators of this board how do we ban MF?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:58 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tim, thanks for the kind words, I know you got called on a post technicality about advertising...and I get the same kind of PM's..and it does look as if MF is "asking for it"
but I truly believe (maybe I'm getting older) that if we just dont answer,, this thread will drop to the bottom of the page like a rock.....Serceflyer did me a big favor not too long ago and I dont want to bring him into a negative mix, and certainly I dont want you or anyone else getting in trouble with the board or moderators...after all ,,it IS a privilege as you said..

the guy who wants to start a club in Garner? he was on the beginner forum, I told him to take the thread to other forums to find more people..I didnt think about it being against the rules,,well he did it, and the thread got locked and it was my fault[] and I was just trying to help..another technicality gone wrong but it is the rules[&o]...your the best at anodizing, we've all seen lots of examples..let it go with that knowledge...Rog
Old 11-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

I know I should just let it go but he wants to sit here and say everyone is picking on him and he is so fast at quoting the rules not taking the time to see he broke them himself! It just isn't right.

Later,
Tim
Old 11-12-2004, 06:05 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

I know I should just let it go but he wants to sit here and say everyone is picking on him and he is so fast at quoting the rules not taking the time to see he broke them himself! It just isn't right.

Later,
Tim
Couldn't of said it better myself!

Darren
Old 11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
xanaphyst
My Feedback: (17)

I can't believe we didn't hear about a patent yet...

( I couldn't resist )

xanaphyst
Old 11-12-2004, 10:31 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Let's keep the discussion to the Mini-Bell or I'll be forced to lock this down. I know it's become popular to blast Micro-flite but it's time to let it rest. Posts have been deleted in line with this. Silence will be taken as acceptance thankyouverymuch.