Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Starter motor help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 03:29 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starter motor help

I have a Lite Machines Helicopter and it came with a LMH starter, I dont know who makes it , but I burned up the motor in it today starting the heli...I dont know what size motor it is to try and replace it,,if I had to I would guess around 540 but there are no markings on it at all,,its a very simple setup plastic blue handle with a motor and a micro switch,,the motor is 1.5" across 2.25" long with just under a 1/8" shaft thats 11/16 long the only # on it is 0-84945
it says its a lite machines v-12,,I burned it up good..its been great for the cox and norvel engines I have as it is a high speed low torque starter...any body know any more than this, that can help?...Rog
Old 11-14-2004, 03:41 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Starter motor help

isnt it similar to the one that sullivan sells - that green one?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:12 PM
flyinrog

yes it is similar, and its only like $25, but some of these can motors are only $10 , do I fix it or buy one,,I have to have it for the heli and I really like it for the planes,,I can use my .40 size starter for it but its not as effective...I need speed for the small engines...maybe the car hs can help....Rog
Old 11-14-2004, 04:56 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rog, I've got a spare motor around here somewhere. I stuck it in a 12v dustbuster to see if it would increase the suction. It was just an experiment. If you want the motor I'll throw the whole dern thing in the box with the airplane parts. It's a nice kyosho motor. I'm pretty sure it's the same size as the one in my sullivan starter.
Those LiteMachine heli's are alot of fun!

ps. I'm pulling your canopy in a few minutes! Should get it out Monday or Tues.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:56 PM
flyinrog

You got a LMH too? Ive spent a lot of time breakin in the .074 becasue of con rod issues , mines been running on 8 washers to lower the compression ...I dont know about fun mines been sitting around for 2 years, thanks though that'd be great...I'm gonna have to send you something...give me an idea..
Old 11-14-2004, 09:46 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the .061 powered version. Got it off $bay for a good price. It's the older 110. Bought it built, but never flown. The guy did a pretty crappy job building it, so I flew it a little while. After beating it up pretty bad while learning, I've rebuilt it and added a little weight. The fella had done a good job keeping it light. So light that it was nearly impossible to hover. It was either climb or land! I read the manual and took it to the recommended weight range by doping the crutch and using mini servos, 250mah battery and standard receiver. I won't be able to finish it for a while. The canopy was added for looks. I can't remember the site I got it from, but the guy that makes them post over in the heli section I think. His handle was DarthDark or DarthDirk or something like that. As far as sending something...We're about to move in to our first house. Since I never do anything the easy way, we have built a house. So what I really need are a few prayers sent our way for a smooth ending to this adventure. (if you don't pray, just think nice thoughts)
The dustbuster is two parts. The main part has the kyosho in it, the beater brush is motorized also. One of them should be what you need. If you use it for a vac leave the beater brush on or it'll suck the carpet out of your car. No Kidding!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89547.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	193007  
Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
flyinrog

Darthdk is the guy, you got one of his bodies,,he does good work,,wow small world eh, mine was built too and "flown" but I dont think the guy ever actually flew it as all the controls are way off what the manuals state.....anyway thanks... I changed out the .061 for the .074 and it runs great...Rog
Old 11-20-2004, 08:12 PM
flyinrog

Well, I went downstairs and found a dustbuster that hadnt been charged in about 10 years so I took the motor out of it and got it into the starter..its only for 4 volts so it really spins on 12, not sure if it will have the torque to work or not , or how long it will last...hopefully it will be starting my sharkface over the weekend.....Rog