Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Decisions, decisions...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Decisions, decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Decisions, decisions...

I'm getting bored with my electric Ugly Stick. It has a 112.5 sq in of wing area and weighs 8.1oz ready to fly.

I was thinking about putting in a PeeWee .020 with a .6oz tank, which would give more power. I couldn't use my lightest RX pack because it would be tail heavy, but even with the heavier pack it would be 6.3oz. Then I thought a TeeDee .020 would give lots more power and still weigh 6.3oz. Then I realized I could shoehorn in a Norvel .061 with a 1oz tank. This would allow me to use my lightest RX pack bringing the weight to 7.8oz. Ahh! I can't decide![X(]
Old 11-26-2004, 07:17 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, decisions...

Use the Norvel, and save the TeeDee for a prettier scale plane... It'll be harder to clean up that way...

As a BTW, you could make a second wing for your Stick, invert the fuselage, and make yourself a nice little bipe. At 224 sq in, it willl zip right around with the Norvel. (I'm SURE you had already thought of all that, though.)

phil in georgetown
Old 11-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the input Phil. You just hit on why I haven't used a TeeDee in a cowl; they can be a tad messy.

Yes, I did already think of that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63178.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	196750