Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Servo size for Ace Pacer

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Servo size for Ace Pacer

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:08 PM
John A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo size for Ace Pacer

I am scratch building a plane similar in size and shape to an Ace Pacer, but with a slightly thinner wing and a Big Mig .061. Hoping it will go somewhere in the 80+ range with the thinner wing. Had a Mach none and a GLH years ago and want to get back into the half A's again.
Anyway, I have several different small servos at hand from my electrics, and wondered how small I can get away with. I have a couple of GWS Naro Max BB's (25 oz torque) I swapped out of the Zagi for metal gears and know I can use these, but can I get away with something lighter? Any name brand is OK with me. Details: 8 inch chord at root, 5 at tip, ailerons 12 * 3/4, WS 34. Elevator is about 8 sq in.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:06 AM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo size for Ace Pacer

Just my opinion, If you get the plane to do 80mph I wouldn't put anything less than HS 81's in there (I'm assuming your building it aleron/elevator), I fly my Ace SS400 / .061 with HS 55's and I've striped gears on the aleron servo in a plane that doesn't even aproach 80MPH.

Darren
Old 01-24-2005, 04:57 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Servo size for Ace Pacer

I'll second the HS81s. While I fly with a Norvel .074 in my Spacewalker and future Honker Racer (in process); I also have them in my Ace Simple Series Ultimate Bipe with an AP .15 [:@] - to be replaced by a Norvel

hey're also in all my Texaco and 70" and smaller sailplanes. No issues anywhere so far.

John C