Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

My 05 contest plane

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

My 05 contest plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:04 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 05 contest plane

Well,I just got a box of balsa in from Lone Star ,I didnt know there was a min purchase of $25,til I made the order..thats a lot of balsa ya'll...42 sheets of 1/16 x 3 x 36,,12 sticks and 4 sheets of 1/8 x 6 x 24 ply ..thats a LOT of plywood for the way I build....anyway I've got the plans for the 4-star sized down, and plenty 'o' balsa to start with,,need to get a pack of blades and finish up my school boy ..before I start yet another project...but work is slow so I have a 3 day weekend coming up...will get a pic on here some time when I get started on it.....Rog[8D]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My 05 contest plane

Are there any other planes you need to finish? Are you going to the Southeastern Model Show? Perry,GA March 4,5
Old 02-04-2005, 05:26 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Astro Boy...Astro Boy...sorry I couldn't resist. I used to watch that show religiously when I was a kid.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
flyinrog

Hey Patrick,your plane you sent has the servos installed and almost covered,engine installed,not really waiting for anything, just started on another project and didnt want to tie up the radio system, but it will fly this summer..doubt I'll be able to make the big show in Perry this year but its worth checking into in the future...Meowy I too was an AB junkie when it was in black and white back in the 60's.....Rog
Old 02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
meowy84

Rog, black and white?....wow, I didn't know it came in black and white too. I used to watch it in color (albeit poor color, heh heh) in the late 80's. Ok, ok, so I wasn't a 'kid' per say but a 'tween' as they call them now. I guess I just didn't want to admit that I still watched cartoons at that age. LOL
Old 02-05-2005, 07:41 PM
flyinrog

Wow. this was in the 60's when a TV was the size of a washing machine is now, with a 12 inch screen ..it may have been in color but not many people had color tv's,,and I still watch the occasional cartoon, everyone does...my dad used to watch some with me but Looney Tunes were not created for kids ,,they were the cartoons for the start of movies back then....

Should I use ply for all the formers or just the motor mount? guys..I have them all glue stuck on the ply wood and I doubt weight will be an issue I think balsa should be ok but I went ahead and made plans to make them ply, will it be overkill?? havent cut anything yet...Rog
Old 02-05-2005, 08:55 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always use ply for formers.(1/16) I also use the dowel method for mounting my wings. Others use balsa formers, but what's an easy way to mount the wing with balsa formers?
1/8 for the firewall on 1/2a stuff.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:06 PM
meowy84

Ok, Rog, you have a way of wringing the truth out. heh heh I admit to still watching the occassional cartoon by choice (even though most of the cartoons I watch now...and believe me I watch lots of cartoons...are due to my 5 year old so not really by choice.)