Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

baby birdie servos

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
xcellflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baby birdie servos

hi all,
i have a global quality kits baby birdie that is waiting to have the electronics installed. i would like to know what servos i should use. i was thinking all hs-85 micro hitec servos?? what do you think? also i want to use the hitec 4-channel fm feather receiver and want to make sure it will work for futaba. it has a cox .049 with throttle and muffler in it. how will this perform?? is it enough?? i have an OS 10 just in case. i also plan on using a little 250mah battery to power the servos. what do you guys think??is this gunna do it?? all the info wil help! thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: baby birdie servos

I would use HS81 servos. They are more than enough for a Baby Birdie. The Feather receiver is the worst product that I've ever seen from Hitec, so I wouldn't use one. Hitec has started using "feather" to describe a lot of their products, but I mean the single conversion one with a red heat shrink case.

I think that your best value would be to buy a Hitec 555 flight pack.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ92&P=ML

It comes with a Hitec 555 RX, 3 Hitec HS81 servos, a 250mAh battery and a switch harness for under $100.

Try the .049 and if it isn't enough, put in the .10.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:41 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: baby birdie servos

As an alternative, how about the FMA PS-10 servos? They don't put out as much torque as the HS-81 (12.5 oz/in vs 36 oz/in) but they weigh only .16 oz instead of .58 oz? They also have a 'universal' connector, but if that shouldn't pose a problem...

Just suggesting an alternative.

Bob