Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

COX Part

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:08 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default COX Part

I am looking for a new or like new fuel tank for a COX "RR1" .049 engine . It is the blue one with the rings machined around it . Please check your old parts boxes for me . Thanks much, MAX H.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:01 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: COX Part

http://www.hypercolorskunkworks.com

Here's the man for the job!
Old 02-20-2005, 11:52 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Complicated. I don't think you could just machine a regular tank.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah the RR-1 tank....finding a new one is like finding hens teeth. The last one new I saw went for over $100.00 just for a tank. I can make and anodize a real pretty knock off using a vented 8cc tank but it still has the reed set up in it.

Later,
Tim
Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the link to the Anodizer. I had an RR1 when I was in the AF, and it always impressed me as having far more power than any of the reed valve engines, and was a bit less sensitive on the needle than the Medallions. It also didn't start backwards. I'm curious about getting one of those little beauties he showed in his add. The rear disc induction (Not a reed valve) has been used in a lot of high performance engines over the years.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 PM
modeltronics
My Feedback: (27)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Max,
You have mail on the parts.

Pete
Old 11-21-2009, 03:21 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Ah the RR-1 tank....finding a new one is like finding hens teeth. The last one new I saw went for over $100.00 just for a tank. I can make and anodize a real pretty knock off using a vented 8cc tank but it still has the reed set up in it.

Later,
Tim
Hard to believe but true, I found one. It is a little dirty but I see no sign of wear anywhere incuding the inside where the drum would make contact and the fuel nipples. No box, no bag or original packaging and no O-ring seal but best of all, no blemishes of any kind. Not even a tiny nick.
Now to find the rest of the engine! Actually I also have a rotor but have no idea if it is a reverse rotation as was discussed in another thread by DeviousDave.

I need to try and get a better picture.

Robert
Attached Images  
Old 11-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Robert, you've got mail...
Old 11-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Robert,

It's pretty easy to tell the standard rotation drum. Looking at the front of the tank i.e. drum end. the hole in the drum for the crankshaft extension pin will be in the 5 o'clock ish' postion as the intake window opens on the standard rotation drum.

P.S. great job on bringing back a thread from the DEAD...I think this one is from 2005!!!

LAter,
Tim
Old 11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
big max 1935

Tim ,I think you anodized a RR-1 tank for me . The one I took all the color off the outside. Engine has been long gone now .Thanks again ! I like to fix Dooling .29's now. NO colors to mess with & NO gaskets . Cost about as much as a Cox RR-1 though. Now trying to find parts for Ohlsson & Rice race cars . As bad as the wee ones . CYL, Max H.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 AM
build light

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Robert,

It's pretty easy to tell the standard rotation drum. Looking at the front of the tank i.e. drum end. the hole in the drum for the crankshaft extension pin will be in the 5 o'clock ish' postion as the intake window opens on the standard rotation drum.

P.S. great job on bringing back a thread from the DEAD...I think this one is from 2005!!!

LAter,
Tim
Thanks for the information Tim. Mine is about 5 O' clock just as you said. So I would have to guess that the reverse would be about 7 O' clock?

As for bringing back a thread from the dead, my post could not be more relevant!

Robert
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Of course with an intake set up like this you can turn the tank 90degrees counter clockwise and it will then run in reverse. The vent tubes are now at the top of the tank but you get my point.

LAter,
Tim
Old 11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
build light

That is cool to know. The RR1s only had the single bypass cylinder like the Baby Bee, right?

Robert
Old 11-22-2009, 01:58 PM
big max 1935

The ones that I have restored in my shop (5 total ) all had the dual by-pass cylinders & two had the TD heads . I have never run one though. Max H.