Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Any one have the JKAerotech Slick Mount?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Any one have the JKAerotech Slick Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 08:05 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one have the JKAerotech Slick Mount?

I have one and it is GREAT!

but I am having trouble keeping my motor flying while in the air (norvel .061)she wants to sputter out about 60 seconds into the flight..

I have just replaced the carb shim/ O-ring w/ a thicker pice of fuel tubing I am thinking I was leaking air from there. Any one had the like problems?

some one said that it is vibrations in the fual tank (which is a 35mm film canister) But I dont think it is that.

insight, comments, suggestions, etc.......

PS just found an HS 55 servo that works! (in my workshop hiden in a box in a box in a box.......)

LoneRanger
Old 09-16-2002, 03:19 AM
Jeff Leavitt

Default Slick Mount

Mr. Ranger,

Yes, I have a slick mount and have used it quite a bit. Not recently though. I ran VA's and Norvel's on mine and it worked great. Mine were set up to run on crankcase pressure, that's the only way I used mine. I did not use a clunk in the tank. I had a piece of brass tubing that went to the back of the tank. worked fine. Foaming fuel can be a real headache. Add two drops of Armoral to a quart of fuel. Foaming problems gone. When running pressure, don't run the pressure tube to the bottom of the tank. Stop the pressure tube just inside of the top of the tank. Do not use the fuel tubing with the very small ID. Go bigger. I use "AEROTREND" small. Don't overlook this, it's important. Last but certainly not least, it sounds like you could have a very small piece of crud in your needle valve. Pull the assembly and make certain it's clean. Most often you will find a teeny piece of plastic in the needle. This will drive you nuts.... Make certain it's clean. And, alway's strain your fuel through a coffee filter. even a new bottle. If you'll do these things, I'm betting you will have the best running 1/2a's at your field....
Rgds, Jeff......
Old 09-16-2002, 02:50 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Default Any one have the JKAerotech Slick Mount?

thanks for the reply......

I will try thos tings and see what happens...

I havent had any problems w/ these norvell engines EVER!

So I will see........

LoneRanger