Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Turbo-Bee Build

Old 03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo-Bee Build

OK, I'm in the middle of building a Turbo-Bee and I was wondering since it's flying with elevons, why is there a rudder servo? Anyone out there flying a Turbo-Bee and are you using the rudder?
Old 03-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Mi Nan

Default RE: Turbo-Bee Build

I built the wheel carriage, and I used the rudder to steer on the ground. It did ROG off of a blacktop runway. Mike
Old 03-15-2005, 01:44 PM
bolar
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the reply Mi Nan, I was planning on using the undercarriage also. I was just figuring on pointing it into the wind and letting it go. My field is just grass.

The thing that has me confused is Clancy is always concerned about weight in his models. I was wondering why he put the extra servo in there if it's not really needed.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:42 PM
flying poodle

I believe that the rudder is there so you can do more advanced aerobatics, like snaps, spins, and knife edge flight. Of my planes with only ail-ele or rud-ele, I enjoy my rud-ele more because of the ability to crank up the control throw and wringer out.