Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Crazy Max with a Norvel .061

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Crazy Max with a Norvel .061

Old 09-22-2002, 04:22 AM
RCAIRGreg
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy Max with a Norvel .061

Well, It can be done. I successfully converted my Crazy Max to glow. For the guy who asked if the fuel would hurt the foam here is your answer. Foam no, but orange paint YES. You have to fuel proof all painted areas. Not hard to do I used a thin layer of epoxy on the front portion of the fuse, and 21 Century clear paint on the rest. 21 Century is compatible Only if you put it on in very light coats. It flys Awesome with hovering power. I can take off from the grass with no problem. CG was easy worked out perfect. I have 3 Hitec hs55, and 1 old micro Futaba FP-S33. I bought a GWS Micro RX, but got the wrong crystal for it so instead of waiting I dug down in a very old box and pulled out and old Futaba Attack AM radio. Took the RX out of its shell put shrink wrap on it and slid it in. I am using a RC Big Mig Norvel .061 with an APC 5-3 Prop. Even with the larger RX I am under 14oz wet flying weight. All in all It was an easy conversion, and it was cheaper than the electric version.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	27113_13579.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	16951