Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

LS150 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:12 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS150 rebuild

So I'm up at 04:30am putting my cox $5 engine on and a .5 oz tank I got from Raymond,,plumbed in a clunk and propwash line added spruce strips to mount the engine,,recovered about 1/2 the plane with the scraps I had left,,it was 3 different colors now its 4 red, white, orange, and purple, opps and yellow too...anywho ,get to the field early took a minute to get the product engine to start ,ran for a minute and I flooded it out ,,did this a few times,,for breakin, then button it all up and give it a heave,,I was all set for some nice easy flights, honest,, then for some reason the double sided tape on the elevator let loose,,well it cartwheeled in ..wing and tail group look ok,,tore out the motor mount and wing hold dowels (again)...dang, this was my gentle flyer standby while I build other stuff and I gotta get the contest plane going now,,no time to make another LS150...well better quit my whining and go glue some balsa together...Rog
I know Jboy has a tiny GWS rx in his ,I had my big 7ch rx in mine but changed out to a GPlanes mini, or else I was gonna add throttle to mine the 4 ch are R,E,Battery and Voltwatch..
Old 03-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: LS150 rebuild

Roger..

we gotta get together on radio installations...you don't use double sided servo tape on anything bigger than an .020.. and I wouldn't use it then...especially on a primary surface like the elevator. Don't worry.. you will get things together.

Dan
Old 03-20-2005, 03:44 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: LS150 rebuild

Actually I have used it quite a bit, but if you say so I can go the servo tray route,,but you'd a been proud watching me keep the schoolboy in the air yesterday, I know what I'm doing, I'm just not that good at it..am working on my 1/2a four star right now...Rog