Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

os10 la engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 08:23 PM
bentracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default os10 la engine

is the os 10 la engine better than the fp10 engine?? will this be a good set up for the ace simple series if it aint broke add more nitro
Old 09-23-2002, 12:45 AM
PeterH

Default OS LA engines

OS replaced the FP line with the LA line to save a buck in manufacturing. The nicest 'slag' engines there are. Use them till they break/wear out and discard. Not worth the cost of overhauling.....
Old 09-23-2002, 12:56 AM
bentracer

Default os 10

is the la 10 good as the fp 10?
Old 09-27-2002, 02:20 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default os10 la engine

I will answer that question, owning both engines! They run just as well, in my humble opinion, but the FP engines, also in my opinion were "better" made. I dont care for the LA in some respects but that doesnt have anything to do with the running, just the engine itself.

I would think the .10 is a bit big for the simple series (monoplanes that is, not the ultimate bipe), you are much better off with a good running .049, or .061 as with the .10 you will have a few extra ounces which will kill the sweet glide these things have. Now if you just want power, thats another thing..

Andrew Coholic
Old 10-08-2002, 01:21 PM
fpworks

Default .10 LA

Just to comment to power/size of aircraft We are flying several small aircraft in our club nowadays including

hobbyhangar.com / Edge 540 OS LA .10

Flyes great but as stated earlyer, you have to build very light or you will kill the glide ratio, mine lands at highs speed only. Im going put an .15 on it.

Herr's enginerring Pitts Special
Again a .15 is recommended, unless you like to fly very slow and spend some time trying to climb

Also on Sunday we flew a TOP DOC a vintage model, on ly rudder, wich flew great on an OS LA .15 lots of power and fun to land.

The only problem I found with my .10 LA is that being a small engine it tends to quit if the fuel line is too large

Franklin
Old 10-14-2002, 10:48 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default os10 la engine

I found a site in canada that still sells the FP series? dont know if its old stock or some kind of canada only engine ,, I dont know what the currency breakdown is to US $ but they were like $80 for a OS .10FP,, it was hobbyhobby.com (I think)
Rog
Old 10-14-2002, 10:58 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default os10 la engine

As of last Friday, one US dollar was worth about $1.56 Canadian, not bad for you guys!

HobbyHobby is in Toronto. If there are OS fp engines left, they are just old stock, there are no special "Canadian" versions, trust me!

Andrew Coholic
Old 10-15-2002, 02:49 PM
rahtware

Default os10 la engine

Andrew Coholic wrote. "there are no special "Canadian" versions, trust me!"

That's funny, I heard that with the large RC community in Canada, Os was coming out with a new line of engines just for you guys north of the border. It is going to be called the Maple Leaf line.

The engines are basically the same as the LA line. The difference is they have removed the cooling fins from the cylinder, and have installed a plug-in engine-block heater. LOL

I Spent one winter in Wisconsin, and as soon as I could I scooted my butt back to the sunny hills of California. OK, so I'm a wuss.