Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Built a littlest stick and it really flew

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Built a littlest stick and it really flew

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 04:52 AM
FOD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built a littlest stick and it really flew

i built it out of scrap left over from old kits.put tissue on the wings then left it where my 3 year old boy could reach it. big mistake,but he did an expert job of removeing the tissue and did not break anything. not wanting to spend any more time on it i just covered the wing with clear saran wrap and told the kids "let's go see it crash". made sure that the battery was charged, switched motor on and gave it a toss.i had not installed the rudder servo so it was just going to be a free flight crash. dam thing nearly flew out of site,most stable free flight i had ever seen. rudder was hinged but i was not expecting it to fly anyway, it went on a perfect straight line away from me.battery finally died and it glided to a landing.made one more flight then quit before it ended up in a tree. saran wrap will shrink tite with a hairdryer if you glue it on all edges around the wing.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Lynn S

What did you use for a motor and battery?

post a picture if you can.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:02 AM
FOD MAN

I really dont know what brand or size the motor is, it is very small with about a 4" prop.battery is a 3 cell 180 miliamp. total flight weight of plane is 3.5 oz, and it has enough power to almost do a uncontroled prop hang .adding the rudder servo will add another 1/2 oz. will try to post photo .
Old 04-29-2003, 02:30 AM
R. C. Day
My Feedback: (7)

Fodman,
I also use Saran Wrap on my small light weight models. I shrink mine with the heat provided by a 100W light bulb. Don't forget at holiday time you can get Saran Wrap in green , blue , rose , yellow and some times a print.

R. C.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:05 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Ah, free flight.... The ONLY way to fly........ Oops, did I type that out loud? Darn, and on an RC site too.