Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Anybody flown the Sea Loon?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Anybody flown the Sea Loon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:40 AM
dieFluggeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody flown the Sea Loon?

In Oct of '87 "Model Aviation" published a plane called "Sea Loon". Its a .15 pod pusher twin boom sea plane. As I live on the water here in Minnesota and the loon is our state bird I thought it was appropriate that I consider it for a future project.

Has anyone ever seen/built/flown one before? The twin boom floats the the drooped airfoil tips look like an interesting bird. It looks like it should be hot in the air yet slow-n-stable with its flaps down. Depending on how it flies I might want to shrink it and stuff a Big Mig in it!

I see plans are a couple bucks off the AMA site but my type A personality wont let me wait 6 weeks to review the schematic and answer some of my own questions. Anybody have any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20635.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	251482