Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey, 2fast4u?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 12:50 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey, 2fast4u?

Is that Norvel engine quiet? and is it good through the range of runway idle to wide open? is it a good type of carb that doesnt hiccup badly?, I have a HOB mustang that I'm thinking of putting a .074 norvel in maybe in the spring , sound good to you?
Thanks Rog
Old 09-28-2002, 06:19 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, 2fast4u?

Yep, it's a good engine. Low idol is more a factor of prop size, cause there is only one needle for high speed, but it runs real well throughout the RPM range. My buddy has one of my .074's on his Herr Mustang, no gear, and it flies great. As long as you take time to break it in the right way, you should have no problems with it.

As for quiet, they dont seem loud to me at all. The muffler is a muffler, not just an exhaust diverter. If you have noise regs at your field, you wont have to worry about this engine's noise level.

I have heard that they had a problem with the con rods breaking, but my guess is that the engines were not broken in as well as they should have been, before trying to run them in the air.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:21 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks

the Herr mustang is a nice lookin model on their site I love the tiger pattern on the one they made ,,hope I can do that to the HOB model I got.. I never have done the covering very well... thanks for the info on the engine and I think I read where you wrote how to break it in, but it will be awhile before I actually buy one
, I dont have access to a field as of yet I, fly in a school yard and was looking for a quiet engine for that reason...Rog
Old 09-29-2002, 01:21 AM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, 2fast4u?

The engine is plenty quiet for school yard flying. Trust me!

The HOB Mustang has great lines. I did my HOB all scale, and won 2 contests with it! I learned something VERY IMPORTANT too....Keep the elevator through guite small! And use low rates on takeoff if you can.

Good luck and have fun.